Re: Galaxy S7 Nougat Update
6SANTA

Having great quality and great delivery are mutually exclusive, only where accountability is lacking.  Customers demand both.  All herds get culled.

0 Likes
NATS80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would just like the update so my phone can get out of this beta I'm stuck in. I'm not sure verizon would open up the nougat beta for the s7 and then shut it down half way thru. 

FCHINGY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, tired of them dragging their feet. Not like we don't pay them enough. 20 year customer and can't wait for an alternative. Hoping Project Fi works out.

Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Directv and AT&T is knocking my door down to switch, the extreme delay in deploying updates in a timely fashion is a VZW trademark which I think the time has come to do something about.

TopJimmy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want the Nougat update as well but I'm starting to get [removed]  that VZW is keeping security updates from my phone.  My android security patch level shows "October 1, 2016".  Would like VZW to be held accountable if some breach we're to happen that Samsung already patched but Verizon withheld the update?  Not sure...

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

earlservicedog
Enthusiast - Level 2

I waited for a Gear S3 Frontier smartwatch that Verizon hinted at but never delivered on. I waited and waited. Searched the forums for a hint of when they would arrive. I went ahead and got one from T-Mobile. I love the watch and the carrier. Been with Verizon for years but T-Mobile is looking pretty good. When I mentioned being courted by T-Mobile Verizon did not seem to care. I'm almost ready to break up.

RACHAY22
Enthusiast - Level 1

See its really not the fact that it hasnt been released yet that is annoying.  Its the fact that as far as I know, theres no apparatus or website to check on the status of nougat upgrade or security updates in general.

If verizon (maybe samsung too, thought I read somewhere that google was tryin to get android device manufacturers to do monthly updates at least guaranteed for a year) were more transparent about updates and what goes into incremental OS upgrades, like a weekly or monthly REPORT at least, consumers would not be spamming the community forum with the same questions. I believe Samsung galaxy S7 snd S7 edge are popular enough phones to warrant a weekly/monthly report in the very least, if verizon wants to say it cares about customers and their security.

ManhattanMarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be the LG G6! They have very speedy updates as well, The G5 had Nougat in December 2016, 2 months after it's release. This is typical (60-80 days after original release) for LG, unless there was a problem with the original release, or a new release (X.1) a month away.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grumpier, we'd never want you to end up leaving the VZW family. Getting you the help you need is a must. You can keep up to date with software update information here http://spr.ly/65818Xb9h

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately that link does not help anyone in this particular thread or anyone asking about Nougat in this forum for that matter. If you truly want to help, please provide us with some real information pertaining to the question(s) at hand and that would actually be helpful. We all know that Nougat is not available for our device. The only thing answers like this do is upset people.