Re: Galaxy S7 Nougat - To Update or Not
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

Now that the update was released yesterday that fixes the WiFi issues some people have been having, this morning I bit the bullet, and, SUCCESS!!  Nougat works fine, nothing wrong, at least so far.

Phone works great.  The new Nougat features are are pleasure, so if you haven't run the update, do it now!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like my ability wait is over. I'm getting the notification that the new OS is ready for download.

Here goes nothing....

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I mean installation....

0 Likes
JAKEZ_15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey DEX... I am curious how your install went... I can't clear the install notification anymore and its annoying so the only option is to install but I am extremely cautious/nervous...

How did your install work out?

0 Likes
LynnPerley

I am having the wifi issues. Phone runs clunky and slow as well. I don;t recommend the update.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oddly enough, the install was quick and painless.

WiFi has been rock solid. Samsung's web browser needed to be updated as did a selection of other apps, but, I haven't experienced any issues so far...knock on wood.

0 Likes
JAKEZ_15
Enthusiast - Level 2

dexman​ That is great to hear... Please keep this updated if you can... I am very cautious due to past experiences as I am sure you could imagine.

How about bluetooth connectivity in your car?

0 Likes
LNMcGarry

I did the update and while some things gave changed i do not like the change in my calender, photos and few other formats. Why do they have ri disrupt individual apps...

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't vouch for Bluetooth in my car as my 2008 Buick Lucerne doesn't have that capability.

Other than that, no issues.

I'm sad that I still can't block calls above an individual level. My Samsung Galaxy S4 running Lollipop can block whole exchanges and even entire area codes.

NAIVE66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do not update. I just did and it terrible. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan. I used the app foxfi to make my phone a hotspot. Since the update i can no longer do that. They changed the keyboard and i keep hitting wrong keys.