Galaxy S7 December update released
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has pushed out the monthly update a week or two early this month. No complaints there. For the regular S7 that brings us to software version NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQK4. I was prompted to update during the overnight and I did so. No issues encountered. Just a bump in Security Patch level to December 1, 2017.

While not specifically noted in the update info this update does take care of a concerning vulnerability. The December 1 Security Patch resolves the newly publicized "Janus" vulnerability in Android. Google was notified of the issue back in July and released a patch to developers in November to be included in the December security updates.

Janus vulnerability info: New Android vulnerability allows attackers to modify apps without affecting their signatures | Guard...

Verizon Galaxy S7 update info page: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Re: Galaxy S7 December update released
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I too have gotten the new security update on my S7 edge and have not had any problems with this update so far. I am very glad that Verizon pushed this update for December now and didn't wait til January. This is a great improvement and I hope it continues. It is a good sign that there are not a bunch of complaints yet on this update. Of course not everyone has gotten it yet but for those of us that have gotten it there doesn't seem to be any problems yet. 

Re: Galaxy S7 December update released
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Personally, I'm marking the early release for this month's update up to the holiday. Push it out the door before the rush at the end of the month and the new year. Any other month this likely would have been pushed out right around Christmas day. That's definitely not the best time this month when many people are traveling, etc.