Galaxy S7 BOGO Deception
GaryR248
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on Verizon chat and told I could get a Galaxy S7 buy one get one:  Right off the website

"New device payment activation req’d per device. Each phone: $28/mo or $33/mo for 24mos; 0% APR. Free phone of equal or lesser value: Retail price of S7 ($672) or S7 edge ($792) less up to $792 mail-in Visa prepaid card. Taxes on retail prices at sale. Lines must remain active for 6mos. Limited time offer."

Went into Best Buy only to be told I needed to add an additional line.  I have three lines all out of contract and upgrade eligible. I don't need a fourth line.  I just want to upgrade on a BOGO for the S7--as advertised (see above) and confirmed via chat.  Called Customer Service--they were no help at all--suggesting I could use the additional line  for a tablet--nice up sell but again not needed nor do I want to pay for the extra unwanted line.  I suggested a $28 per month credit to my bill for 24 months which would make one phone free.  Customer Service says there is no way to do that.  Very frustrating!!!!

Best Buy's solution--port the three lines to AT&T.  They have the same offer as Verizon and and as a new customer the "additional line" requirement is met.

Bottom line:  As a 13 year Verizon customer I feel deceived by the Verizon BOGO offer.  Verizon customer service was not helpful in any way.  I am seriously considering moving to AT&T.

Re: Galaxy S7 BOGO Deception
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't read all the Terms and Conditions of the deal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GaryR248,

We certainly do not want to see our 13 year relationship come to an end. We want to make sure no stone is left unturned. Has a full account analysis been done? We would be happy to review all available options. http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/contact-us.html
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GaryR248
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I am told by a Verizon rep that this is buy one get one I don't expect to have to go three layers deep in the T&C's.  It should be as stated--buy one get one.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree that the terms for this BOGO is very different from the past BOGO deals offered by Verizon Wireless. Personally I think it was very deceptive of VZW to require at least one new line of service in order to be eligible for the deal. In the past, they usually just required at least two lines be eligible for an upgrade to qualify for the BOGO deal. However with the last few years having several changes occur in plans, purchase options and other policy changes, it doesn't surprise me that they would restrict the type customers who are eligible for a BOGO deal. The deals feels more geared towards new customers or customers who are considering adding another line. This deal and many others haven't really appealed the long standing customers. For example, I recently got an email promotion to get up to $650 per line for switching to Verizon Wireless and trading in the phone from another carrier. As a 15 year customer I find that particular promotion highly offensive first for sending me the email to a current Verizon Wireless customer and secondly for not offering any similar type of deal for current customers to keep them from switching to another carrier. I could easily switch to AT&T if I chose to, but I choose to stay because I happen to know AT&T doesn't quite reach to all the corners of the world I frequent through the years. Plus the unlimited smartphone data plan is really hard to beat elsewhere.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GaryR248, sorry for the confusion regarding the buy-one-get-one offer. The offer requires all customers to add a new line of service when you accept the offer. We do not have away around the offer.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mygrls03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually purchased the BOGO offer, I READ all the T&C and nowhere did it mention adding a new line of service.  I actually still have all the T&C if anyone is interested. . .It wasn't until I went to submit the rebate was the information about adding a new line provided to me.  Class action lawsuit anyone?

GaryR248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ralph:

Here are the T&C's given to me:

"New device payment activation req’d per device. Each phone: $28/mo or $33/mo for 24mos; 0% APR. Free phone of equal or lesser value: Retail price of S7 ($672) or S7 edge ($792) less up to $792 mail-in Visa prepaid card. Taxes on retail prices at sale. Lines must remain active for 6mos. Limited time offer."

No where does it say an additional line is required.  Thank goodness Best Buy told me.  As noted from Mygrls03--you can find out after you submit the rebate.  This is very deceptive!!!  There must be a ton of ticked off customers on this promotion.  It could have certainly been done better.

Altitude
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm another ticked off customer. I agree about the deceptive advertising about this Galaxy S7 BOGO offer. Tonight, I saw an ad on TV touting, the S7 Edge BOGO offer.  I rewound and froze the screen at the fine print that was literally flashed up for about 4 seconds. Here is a transcript of what was on the screen corresponding to the buy one, get one free audio hype:

"New device payment activation required per device. 1st phone $33/mo for 24 months; 0% APR. Free phone $792.00 full retail price less $792.00 mail-in Visa prepaid card. Taxes on full retail due at sale. Lines must remain active for 6 months. Subject to VZ.com agents, calling pan & credit approval. See vzw.com. Limited time offer."

I am also a loyal customer of 15+ years and called VZ customer service about this ad and how to get in on the deal for my qualifying lines. I was told that one of the S7 Galaxy phones could be on an existing qualifying line, but the second (free) phone MUST be for a new line of service. Where in the transcript above from the TV ad does it say that???

I asked to be transferred to someone who knew about the TV ads and was sent to the VZ Telesales Dept. The agent there told me the same thing. I read them the TV ad, but there is nothing they can do. I asked to talk with someone to complain about the deceptiveness of the ad and eventually spoke with someone else who listened, but said he wasn't a legal expert and again explained the offer, which did not agree with what was on the TV screen. No solution, No answer to the concern. Its no wonder why there are class action suits that happen. In my opinion, this ad is an outright lie, especially for their loyal existing customers that get duped by the ad. So much for truth in advertising.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure our customers are setup for success, Altitude. I apologize for the previous experience you recently had. We value your 15 years of loyalty very much and I appreciate your feedback about this matter. One device must be a new line of service; the other device can be an upgrade or a new line of service. Click here for details about the device: http://vz.to/1SpXMC8 .

AntonyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes