Re: Galaxy S5 runs hot
Janet_Johnston
Enthusiast - Level 2

the wifi connect and disconnect stopped when I wiped the data cache. The running hot stopped when I did a factory reset. When I force stoppef the camera the battery drain stopped

0 Likes
jamzm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting. Glad you all are up and running. Thanks

0 Likes
jamzm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t blame you one bit, Coryrk. I’d be upset too. I guess these issues hit some more than others. I hope you’re able to get it straightened out soon. Best wishes

jamzm
Enthusiast - Level 2

That’s why I wanted to avoid sending it in or wiping it. So far so good.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to see you get the most out of your phone, alongside with your existing WiFi hardware, jamzm. By chance, have you tried updating your router's firmware possibly, or limiting your router to just broadcast in either the N or B & G frequencies only?

Try the above steps if some of the tips have not worked that community members have provided through this thread.

Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coryrk,

Sounds like you're a loyal Samsung customer! Let's see what's going on with your S5.  When did this start having troubles with the device? When you say the phone is unusable, what exactly are you experiencing? Please share some further details. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jamzm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi NicandroN. My router is set to broadcast in B&G. N is not available. There are no updates available for it from Linksys. It’s an older one. Wifi seems to be working great at this point. Thanks to the Verizon tech I spoke with last night. It will be interesting to see how these issues play out. I’ll be watching. ave a good night.

0 Likes
Coryrk

Hi Trevor,

Like everyone else, my problems started the moment I updated.   Severe lags, battery drain, burning up, etc.   I've done all of the fixes and nothing has worked.   These fixes include factory reset, wipe cache partition, turned off camera, uninstall any unused apps, rebooted modem and router and reset the wifi networks on my phone.   To say that I'm frustrated is an understatement.   I called tech support yesterday and was basically told there was nothing that could be done until the next update is released. This is a problem.  For what we pay for service this is ridiculous...

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

So in WiFi advanced settings, did you try disabling smart network switch? Also if there is some setting to disable looking for a stronger WiFi signal. Those I think are things others have tried.

0 Likes
jamzm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did disable smart network switch. But clearing cache made all the difference. Smart network switch is still off. Phone is fine and stable at this point.

0 Likes