Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Issue
Vinson_Kho
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a very annoying problem with the bluetooth to my car hands free system. I have a 2013 Dodge Challenger- Uconnect Res 130. The issue I am facing is specific to making a call. Shortly after the call is made, the audio drops and I am forced to use the speaker from the phone. I know it is not the system from my car because I had a Note 1 and it worked flawlessly for almost a year until I got the S5.

I've done everything from a factory reset to unpairing and pairing the phone. When I asked a store associate at the Verizon store, the guy said to wait until 4.4.4 KitKat is released. I did the software update today, and the same exact problem still exists.

When I get the prompts for asking to sync to messages, history, contacts, etc., I've tried No, Yes, and Yes with don't ask again. I've also tried checking only phone audio, unchecking media, and checking both boxes- making calls still drops audio.

This problem happens 99% of the time. The only time it works is if I make a call within a minute of connecting my phone to the car. The first call I make will work fine, then all subsequent calls will drop audio.

I need to know if this is a hardware or software issue with the phone, and how I can resolve it.

Regards,

Vinson

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tinman3030,

Have you checked the manufacturer's website to see if they have implemented any work arounds for the issue you are experiencing? Please use this link http://bit.ly/1s6sUzh and please keep us posted to any further insight!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vinson.Kho,

Help has arrived! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your Bluetooth connection. Aside from you car, do you use the Bluetooth connection on your device for any other accessories? If so, does the same issue occur?

Have you had the opportunity to take your car to the dealership to evaluate the connection and rule out the possibility of it being your cars Bluetooth connection?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Vinson_Kho
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dealer aid they cannot find any issues. They used an iPhone to test, and it worked fine.

Streaming with Bluetooth to a wireless soaker wields just fine.

The only issue I have is making outgoing calls.

0 Likes
Vinson_Kho
Enthusiast - Level 2

*speaker

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vinson.Kho,

Let's see if we can't get to the bottom of this. Click the link for the manufacturer's bluetooth support page http://bit.ly/1s6sUzh Keep us posted with your progress!

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
tinman3030

I have the same issue.  S5 trying to connect via uconnect to a 2013 Chrysler T&C.  I have been waiting patiently for the 4.4.4 upgrade to apply the Bluetooth fixes.  The software upgrade doesn't fix the issue at all.  Very interested in someone coming to a real resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tinman3030,

Have you checked the manufacturer's website to see if they have implemented any work arounds for the issue you are experiencing? Please use this link http://bit.ly/1s6sUzh and please keep us posted to any further insight!

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
Vinson_Kho
Enthusiast - Level 2

S5 is supported. Also, I stumbled on a mini - fix: if  I turn off the phone display after I make a call from my car system, the call is broadcasted via Bluetooth without dropping audio.

I shouldn't have to do this, as this defeats the purpose of a hands  free system.

0 Likes
GLW163
Contributor - Level 1

Did the dealer check for a software/firmware up date for your uconnect system? You can check to see if there is a softawre update on the uconnect webpage by putting in your vin# at:www.uconnect.com/support/dodge. The dealer can flash a update or if you are technically inclined. You can do a google search and download the firmware to a flash drive and do it yourself. I had this problem with my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a firmware update resolved it.

0 Likes
Vinson_Kho
Enthusiast - Level 2

My unit is up to date. No new firmware available.

0 Likes