Galaxy S4 pin problem
murka

I set the screen to unlock via Pin. I no longer want to use that setting. How do I get rid of the PIN to access/unlock my screen.  thanks, K, Murphy

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 pin problem
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

menu > settings > my device > lock screen > screen lock

You'll then be asked to confirm your PIN; type it in and press Done.  Then change the screen lock to whatever you want, i.e., swipe, pattern, none, etc.

0 Likes
murka

thanks for your response.  that area NONE, Swipe, Face unlock, and face and voice are greyed out...cannot chose. says turned off by administrator,encryption policy or credential storage.... help!!! what have I done to my phone....???

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Found the following on another board.

"Okay I got it figured out, I had to de-crypt the SD card and then it would allow me to change the screen lock type. I thought it might be that, really stupid I can not use a PIN or something else for it and just a password for the SD card. Hopefully they fix this and make it an option soon, or if anyone knows of a way please let me know. Thank you for all the help"

Hope this works

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration of not having the ability to remove this feature murka. I first recommend enabling safe mode then trying the steps to disable the Pin-Unlock feature. This should work but if you continue to have issues, back up your phone information and perform a hard reset. Here is a link for the hard reset http://vz.to/176v3fz. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KABANZ

Care to share with us hoaw to go into safe mode

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kabanz,

Fantastic question! Safe Mode is just a few steps away. You can check out instructions for Safe Mode here, http://vz.to/1hCWfLm

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes