Re: Galaxy S4 battery draining after NG6 update
Funkatron

Also having issues after I did this update this morning. The phone will get an error on any app I try to run and shut it down. Then the phone will freeze with just a red Verizon screen showing and won't respond to anything. If I take out the SD card it works fine. It was not doing this before I updated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is quite odd, Funkatron! What is the exact error message you are getting?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jruiz29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funkatron,

I have the same problem at soon I updated my phone and I install Verizon Assistant and run the repair and backup all my important file and automatic re-install the system android again with NG6 and I don't have any more that problem. The only problem I have is my battery is drain so fast. I don't know why Samsung release a new updated without fix this first. I hope they can release a new update like Apple those. Take for ever to release a update and when we install has a lot of issue. That is not good.

0 Likes
verisan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having about 3 big problems with the latest update NG6 (Oct 14, 2014)

1. Battery drains like as if I never re-charged, it drains very fast and is gone in 4 hours tops without even using it.

2. the Phone often runs hot and displays the message which often does not go away even after re-starting

3. Ondrois Os and System seem to be consuming abnormally high Battery surpassing the battery usage by screen by  big amount.

I have tried re-booting several times.

Please help.

ReleaseTheKraaken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just adding my $0.02.  I'm having the same experiences as others in this thread.

Very disappointed in the apparent lack of concern or interest in our overlord Verizon.  Telling us to "bring the phone in" is clearly not a suitable response.

I respectfully request that Verizon take some ownership here and provide us with some useful information.  Right now, it feels like we are being treated like airline passengers, in which we are kept in the dark even though the airline knows full well that they cancelled this flight.

temchik

Horrible!!! My extended battery doesn't last a day, more like half a day now!!! Android OS is now at the top of the list staying awake almost 100% of the time

2014-10-24 16.25.25s.jpg

2014-10-24 16.25.29s.png

0 Likes
timothyc74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Serious fast battery drain unlike normal since update. I'm also seeing the high usage by Android OS. Dropped from 99% to 65% in two hours and only received one text message, one Facebook message and I viewed a couple Facebook notifications in app. With that usage I would normally still be in the 90% + range in the same amount of time. Restoring phone to factory defaults, especially by not automatically restoring apps is not a good option at all.

0 Likes
ferno1188
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also having major battery drain issues after the recent Verizon sponsored software update. I have an extended battery that I could often get to last me two days, depending on use. Today, I had 100% charge this morning at 6:00AM and by 1:00PM, my battery dropped to 19%. I have barely used the phone at all today. This is absolutely inexcusable by Verizon.

0 Likes
socalsti04

Just weighing in - yes I see the same issue: roughly 1/2 the battery life I used to have prior to the update.  No, I won't do a factory reset and I don't think anyone's going to help me if I bring it in (it's not a hardware problem).  Verizon - you need to address this.

0 Likes
bbonz001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after all these replies i think its fair to say that there is clearly an issue. Im hoping there is someone working on a fix!

If it keeps going on like this with no fix, then i feel sorry for the poor customer service and sales employees that will be dealing face to face with angry customers soon.  We all know it isn't personally their fault, but customers blame the only person they can come face to face with.

Is the S5 community having similar issues?

0 Likes