Galaxy S4 a freeze / reboot nightmare after 10/13 OS update
dgs777

Anyone else having issues with their S4 continually freezing and rebooting when either making or receiving calls, receiving texts, unlocking the screen or for no apparent reason at all?

Happens 10 to 20 times a day, and this phone has become literally UNUSABLE as a basic communication device. Followed all the TS steps, even wasted several hours reconfiguring the device after a "factory reset" which did not solve the problem.

I guess the real question is whether or not Verizon will let me switch back to an iPhone without having to suffer 18 more months of this Samsung nightmare on the "contract", or if i am just  >>removed<<.

If you are thinking of switching to this phone, DON'T.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 a freeze / reboot nightmare after 10/13 OS update
budone
Legend

I have updated without an issue. Sounds like a corrupt app or an app  conflict after the update. Save what you need and do a master reset.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 a freeze / reboot nightmare after 10/13 OS update
x9snowboarder9x

I have the same exact problem. Im about to send the phone in to Samsung for a THIRD repair attempt. They have been reluctant so far as to give me a new device. Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Its been happening since the 4.3 update for me as well. TAKE ME BACK TO 4.2.2 !!!!

0 Likes