Re: Galaxy S4 Texting issue after KitKat 4.4.2 update
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here. Master reset made it worse then ever. Verizon is wanting to replace my phone with another S4. I am holding out for a S5 replacement because if you replace junk with junk its still gonna be junk. Why does Verizon not reply to this issue get an update to fix it?

JCHill1957
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same run around.They want to send me a refurbished phone with the same problems. They know its a huge problem but its about the money and this would cost them big time. I've been a customer for 12 years and this is the best solution they can offer. Keep dealing with the problems until another update is released pay your bill cause you are signed to a contract. It's time to go see Jeffery Fieger Law and start a Class action Law suite. I'm so done with Verizon and the Brighton MI store.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android 4.4.4 isn't available for your phone model yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
captainkirks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I heard they talk about an older app not being comparable with kitkat. My trouble started after the upgrade and me turning on the built in verizon protection app. Dose everyone who has trouble use that verizon app?

0 Likes
jazzy_j1000

Same Issue too! My messaging stops working at least 20 times a day if not more. The most frustrating thing ever and I have done all the resets. It only started happening after I updated my software.. I wish I could undo the update.

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: S4 not always sending text messages

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
CMUChip86

I have this same problem since the Kitkat update.  Rarely get 4g in my office even though I always got 4g before the update (did they move the tower on the same day I did the Kitkat update?).  Battery life cut in half or worse.  Phone runs hot.  Texts don't go through.  What a mess.  Get this fixed, Verizon!

0 Likes
CMUChip86

Oh, I did the factory reset, too, and that didn't help.

0 Likes
BillC781
Enthusiast - Level 1

Perhaps making some noise on the 'interweb' would be of some benefit to expediting a solution to our problems?  It's pretty obvious that either, a) Verizon is oblivious to the issues, b) They don't care, c) They don't have any control or, d) All of the above!

I recently posted a comment at http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/07/14/samsung-galaxy-android-4-4-kitkat-update-breakdown/ and perhaps if enough people did likewise on that page and other like it, we'd get some sort of action taken on this matter.

0 Likes
wicks_10

I as well have this same issue. There are four S4s in my family and all have the same problem since the update. This issue also seems to be tied to a 3G tower. At my house, I can pic up the 3G tower which is a hair closer than the 4G tower I pick up on the other side of the house. If I am on the 3g tower, I get this crap about 50% of the time. If I move to the other side of the house, it fires right through on the 4g tower. Same thing happens as I move around the area. 4g tower is golden and the 3g tower just fails to accept texts from me. I can call just fine but it don't like my texts. I want to revert back to prior to the update. I can't believe they can't pull their heads out and come up with a fix for us all. It can't possibly take this long to come up with a small update to address the issue. Anyone know how to specify the tower you are using or at least set a preference for it?

0 Likes