Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 10 Major Issues from New Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in the U.S.
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Read the official post here:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/534769/20140117/galaxy-s4-s3-note-2-10-major.htm

By Ryan Inoyori | January 17, 2014 2:22 PM EST       

Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 still bring major issues in the United States according to reports. Critical problems include increased power consumption, abnormal phone lock up, wireless connectivity and Internet app issues.

Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Crisis

Initial push of the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 contained major bugs which led to owners to complain how defected the firmware version was. Some of the notable bugs found on the first release are huge battery drain, occasional device freezing, buggy Wi-Fi connection, camera functionality errors and RAM management which were included to reports from UK and the U.S. that caused the update to be pulled.        

Samsung attempted to the fix the issues by sending a newer firmware version among all owners of Galaxy S3 and Note 3. However, new reports revealed that there are still users suffering from issues on the new Android 4.3 update.

New Update with New Issues

In December 2013, major network carriers in the United States completed the official Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4, S3 and Note 2 with the exemption of AT&T that just finished it this month.

Several weeks later, error reports begin surfacing after installing the new version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean all three devices.

AT&T's forum has been flooded by complaints including some users unable to download and install the software update via Over-the-Air process. According to their description, update usually stops at 25 per cent and won't go higher then eventually stops. So far, these user haven't found any workarounds in order to get the update from FOTA.

Verizon customers are also reporting a number of issues such as Wi-Fi connection drops and charging problems after installing Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4. Galaxy S3 users on the other hand are suffering the same things with additional battery issues and keyboard problems.

1.      Battery drain

2.      Unresponsive screen

3.      Some apps are not working

4.      Bluetooth issues

5.      LTE auto-connect under Wi-Fi

6.      Phone locks up for good unless removing its battery

7.      Notification bar fails to launch Facebook updates

8.      Electronic voice on the Navigation of Google Maps

9.      Chrome browser goes dark and doesn't refresh

10.  Recharging failures

One possible troubleshooting on all of these problems is to simply revert back to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. For battery issues, usually tips and tricks are always available while other errors for apps, lock screen and wireless connections are still being reviewed on how to prevent them from happening.

Network carrier forums are useful but it is best to check out XDA developer forums and Android Central forums as well for added insights on what's going on with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2.

Re: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 10 Major Issues from New Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in the U.S.
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

NOTE 3 ALSO

I can definitely say that my Verizion Samsung Note 3 running Android 4.3 also has the unstable internet WIFI problem. The problem was not there when I got the unit in mid October. Turning off the Bluetooth is a temporary fix.

Steve

Re: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 10 Major Issues from New Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in the U.S.
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

I had to go out and buy a new charger in order to get my phone to charge and be able to conduct business. I feel Verizon should pay me for the new charger since they were 100% fully aware of SO MANY BUGS and yet still pushed the update through. I pay enough money to Verizon each month and why should I have to pay to fix something that was THEIR problem to begin with!

grlcop624
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update continued in December after they suspended it in November.  Samsung claimed the issues were all worked out.  LIE.

This is the complaints I have -

Black Screen on Chrome as listed above

My WIFI continually claims it is UNSTABLE

I have not been in 4G for weeks.  Keeps showing 3G

Whenever I am on the phone - And pull it away from my face,  The world clock is on the screen and apparently I have added (unknowningly with my face) several countries to keep track of.

My battery drains super fast

I am sure there are more but this is ridiculous~!

katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

>>Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

For anyone wishing to read through the 39 pages of posts in a long thread that has since been locked (removed) you can go here to read a lot of it... https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812849?start=380&tstart=0

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation; please review the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

tandlwest555

Please take me off of your mailing list. Unsubscribe please.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tandlwest555 wrote:

Please take me off of your mailing list. Unsubscribe please.

Thank you.

You have to sign into your community account (either it is tied to your MyVerizon account or a community only ID) and go to your profile page. From there you have to change your preferences to turn off the email notifications from the community. You have to do it. No one else can do it for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Liberty9778
Enthusiast - Level 2

$$$$$$$$$  Its all about $$$ people. I've forward this forum and others to our local news agencies, maybe some honest reporting of how we the customers are being mistreated by both Verizon and Samsung will force some pressure on both companies. For years Verizon has strong armed its customers, we pay close to $300 a month and all we get are excuses. I'm totally full of contempt now for this company who has no accountability.

Tidbits
Legend

Verizon hasn't done a thing wrong... If anyone put in some serious rational thought... This is why we can't have nice things...

0 Likes