Re: Galaxy S4 GPS Signal Lost
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Raffi_B

I definitely understand your concern. I use my GPS all the time so I understand the importance of having it work when you need it the most!

I appreciate you trying the factory reset. Let's try a few more things to get this working for you.

1. Update Maps to the latest version in the Play Store
2. Go to Settings > Location > Mode> Make sure set to High accuracy
3. Turn On Wi-Fi on device (no need to connect to a network)
4. Settings > Location > Location reporting > Turn it On
5. Settings > Application Manager > All > Maps > Force stop/clear data and then reboot the device.

Test the phone and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BonitaMike

Thank you. I will try the reset, but I am about to leave on a business trip for a week and will be dependent upon my phone. I don’t want to risk having it properly re-configured on the trip. I will try the reset when I get back.

HOWEVER

Using Google, I see that this is a common problem and I have a friend with a Galaxy Note 2 (or 3) with exactly the same problem. That makes me suspect a problem with Samsung hardware. I also see that a reset is a standard recommendation. I have not seen anyone report that a reset actually fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Thaller

0 Likes
scobyfam

I have managed to do all including the factory reset. Still have issues with GPS. We used my wife's iPhone 5s on our family trip across country and did not miss a beat. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
scobyfam, I can understand how this can be very frustrating. I want to make sure that your GPS is working at any given point in time. Are you using the Google Maps application or are you using a 3rd party application from the Google Play Store? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
scobyfam

I am using Google maps.

On Apr 12, 2015 6:31 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the information scobyfam! Please enable WiFi (even if no WiFi network is available or open, as you do not need to connect to any WiFi network) and test for the next couple of days. Do not disable WiFi, this will help your Google Maps application acquire location from surrounding WiFi networks (no need to connect to any WiFi network). Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
scobyfam

Did that with no luck. I am currently in my front yard with wifi on and

good service and no gps signal. I can't even use my run keeper app to track

by run.

On Apr 14, 2015 9:54 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
scobyfam

Any other suggestions. I am on day two of no GPS signal at all. I really

don't want to have to factory reset my phone for a third time only to still

not have gps.

0 Likes
doublesharp
Enthusiast - Level 2

The GPS on my GS4 stopped working the same time reported here, sometime in Dec I think. I've done all the recommended steps, including the factory reset, but still not working. Any other updates?

0 Likes
dblackshear

my GPS stopped working around the december timeframe as well. i have done all the recommended steps, including the factory reset, and nothing worked. i mainly use the GPS in googleMaps for navigation. it will find my location, but error with the "gps signal lost" notification within minutes of trying to navigate somewhere.

i was hoping the lollipop update would fix this issue, but it has not. how do i go about getting a phone that has GPS that works?

0 Likes