Re: Galaxy S4 Connection Problems
solomonshv
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't tried flipping wifi on and off. i would usually flip airplane mode instead. maybe it is a wifi issue. but to be honest, i can't find any rhyme or reason for this occurrence and can't replicate it on command. it just happens at random.

0 Likes
T_R_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned off the wifi auto connect function & havn't experienced any problems since. I really appreciate my S4 now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

T_R_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turn off the wifi auto connect

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
solomonshv
Enthusiast - Level 3

i always have that off. i think the S3 had it too and i turned that off on day with both devices. thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
doby-toby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased, immediate wifi connect issues. Verizon tech support very responsive, supplied me with Samsung support number, Samsung is aware of wifi connect issues. Fails to connect with several common utilized routers. Samsung would not verify a software update will be pushed out to fix problem. What a real disappointment, really liked phone until failure to connect occurred. 

Julian_G
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a similar problem. What happens when you are on wifi? Do you appear connected?

0 Likes
doby-toby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completed the exchange to a different phone, however it did not connect, a few times it would connect and immediately kick me off wifi, happened too often. Hope you have better outcome.

0 Likes
MzSunnrise

I am having the same issue. I had a RAZR MAXX prior to the Samsung and NEVER had any issues. I'm starting to regret this purchase.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want you to regret your purchase! First, I want to make sure you don't have any battery saver applications on your phone. These types of apps will disable data to save battery. Do you still show 4G on your phone when this happens?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KnightMearh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the GS4 since day 1 with the same issues. A verizon rep told me to factory reset my phone and that would cause it to grab the updated wifi firmware files from Samsung. He said either that or wait for Samsung to release an update, which will take many months. I haven't had a chance to try the reset yet.

I'd absolutely prefer vanilla Android to Samsung's crappy OS version and custom useless apps, but all in all it's not the end of the world. I will say that the network connectivity is a good 1-2 bars less than my previous Droid Bionic, which always had full 3G/4G, even indoors. My GS4 seems to be okay outside, but once you go into a structure (especially brick, concrete, metal) all bets are off!