Re: Galaxy S3 stuck on 4.1.1, can't update OTA
Not applicable

If you're still out of the US of course you can't update OTA you'd have to be connected to Verizon network unless you're on wi-fi.

You don't use application manager. Go to settings-about phone( or about device )

0 Likes
filasb

My apologies for causing confusion.  I am back in the US as of a few months ago and just now realizing that I am very behind on updates.

The entry about application manager was because I followed the same steps that Verizon Wireless Customer Support had suggested TeamSprocket try and I came up with the exact same results.

OTA is not working for me but I can also not utilize the Verizon software update application (which TeamSprocket used to resolve his issue) because my Verizon Wireless Software Utility App folder is now showing empty for some strange reason.  I know it's worked in the past when I've connected my phone to my laptop via usb cable.  I am unsure what has changed?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ok did you go to setting and about device there should be a tab for updates there. What does it say when you press that?

0 Likes
filasb

Yes.  Every time I try it, it says  "No new software update available".  Obviously this is incorrect since I am still on version 4.1.1

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
filasb

Thank you, mrhelper.  I've never tried Kies before, but I'm installing it now for the first time.

I've installed the version 2.6 and now Kies is up and running and stating that I am current on firmware?  Kies.jpg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well I really don't know what to tell you now. That is clearly wrong. I hate to advise a factory reset since I have no clue if that would work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

filasb,

I understand. I am sorry for the issues you are having. How long ago did you reactivate your Samsung Galaxy S3 since you were out of the country?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's odd filasb, but we can definitely help. So that I am sure, you used the Software Update Tool http://vz.to/1zoiDyE, correct? If it's still not working, please complete a factory reset on the phone and try again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
filasb

I reactivated my phone near the end of August, if I recall correctly, when I returned back to the US.

0 Likes