Galaxy S3 SIM card permanently disabled after new update
Jenslife

Hello all. I just did the newest update and WOW did my phone take a header. After the power up my screen had what looked like the dial pad on it. It would only remain illuminated for about 1-2 seconds. Needless to say it now says "SIM card permanently blocked." I am having a mini fit trying to fix it now. Any suggestions on what I can do? I have been online for nearly 4 hours and there is a ton of info on how to fix it BEFORE it locks, but I did not know that would happen, as I could not read my screen. And yes I have found the codes on here so I do have them now. But I can not find an answer on how to fix it AFTER it is permanently blocked.

Thanks ahead of time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S3 SIM card permanently disabled after new update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenslife- Wow this is news to my ears. I don't know what I would do without my cell phone. Thank you for pulling the sim card and putting it back in. Have you been able to get to a Corporate store to get a new sim card yet? If you haven't here is where you can locate a local store in your area: http://bit.ly/3SdsA Keep us posted if you have any further issues.

Kevin_R
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), waiting a few minutes, then reinserting the SIM card and turning the phone back on?  Give the phone a few minutes to re-establish a network connection.  If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes
Jenslife

Thanks. Yes I have done all of the "undoing" things. No luck, "permanently blocked" still here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenslife- Wow this is news to my ears. I don't know what I would do without my cell phone. Thank you for pulling the sim card and putting it back in. Have you been able to get to a Corporate store to get a new sim card yet? If you haven't here is where you can locate a local store in your area: http://bit.ly/3SdsA Keep us posted if you have any further issues.

Kevin_R
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes