Galaxy S10e won't send MMS while on Wifi
ram1300
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to a Galaxy S10e.  I am now unable to send MMS while on Wifi and they are very slow to send while Wifi is off.  I used the native messages app.  During debugging I switched to Verizon's Messages+ app, and experienced the same issue.  Oddly, I am able to received MMS with no delay.  I believe the underlying issue is that data signal is suddenly weak.  This is occuring in my home where I never had a problem with the Galaxy S8.  The S10e was purchased from Amazon as a refurbished phone.  I moved the sim card over myself (voice and text service work fine so I am confident that the sim card is seated correctly and not damaged)  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am getting close to returning the phone and assuming I got a bad unit, but I'm also wondering if Verizon is throttling my data since I moved the sim card on my own and avoided their "Upgrade fee".  That sounds somewhat paranoid, I know.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S10e won't send MMS while on Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your messages. When was the last time you picked up a new SIM card? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
ram1300
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Simcard was new in my Galaxy S8 in April 2017.  Calls, text messages, and incoming MMS have no issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ram1300, thank you. I can assure you we are not throttling your data due to you opting to purchase a device from a third party. What ZIP code are you located in? Did this immediately start to happen when you switched devices? When your're trying to send a message are you getting an error message?
0 Likes