Re: Galaxy 7 and free watch offer a crock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don’t want you to feel like anyone is blaming you for this, JEH1000. We know mistakes can happen and we certainly don’t want you to cancel service. The promotion was done through Samsung via their website, which is why Verizon is unable to process the exchange. I am truly sorry if the promotional gift was not the item you were expecting. Have you considered selling the accessory and using the money toward a new S2 gear watch?

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JEH1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question for you. Since no one is to blame here would you mind selling the VR and putting the money towards getting me an S2 watch?

Thanks,

Janice

0 Likes
JEH1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bye Bye Verizon. Good riddance!

Leahx1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you look at it you could return you devices and go to another carrier and still not end up with watches, as Verizon is the only carrier supporting this promo. I think 2 watches are better than none. You should really weigh the pros and the cons.

0 Likes
JEH1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Leah. I appreciate your comments. When I switch it will be cheaper monthly so all in all no watches but I'll save enough money to make it worth while. So while you are right it is kinda a wash for me except for that fact that I don' trust or respect Verizon as a carrier anymore. This situation would be easy to correct. They are just unwilling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEH1000, we'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family over the promotion. I do apologize that you had an issue with the Samsung website when trying to place the ordrer for the watches. Since this promotion is offered from Samsung, we would recommend on reaching out to Samsung direclty. They would be able to go over the details with you. Check out this link for a way to get in touch with customer support about the promotion: https://samsunghelpdesk.prizelogic.com/Tickets/NewWidget?sectionid=2085

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Elisha18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with JEH1000. This whole promo was misleading. The only reason I chose to upgrade was because of the offer of the watch. Now it's the VR or nothing. I feel anytime I upgrade I am conned in one way or another.

thehiggy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I'm in agreement with these two - having witnessed the utter disaster of your preorders with the S7, and the customer support that I truly did not realize was so atrocious until this point, pending this promo, I will be leaving as well.

mmcglynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in agreement as well. My fiance ordered herself the S7 specifically to get me the watch for my birthday. Was told "no problem" when apparently Verizon already knew the watches were sold out! Spent an hour on the phone with them during my birthday trying to get Verizon to honor the deal (Verizon should be backing up samsung since they are running the special for another 2 days yet! Also, instead of refunding what she paid on the phone, they want to give her credit on the account! The account I will be closing when i move to a new carrier. I have been with verizon (or it's previous entity) since my first bag phone 21 years ago when they were 360 communications in my area. Verizon and their customer service [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ! They think they are big enough that losing a few customers is worth not giving a freaking watch well, this is one customer that's loyalty will go somewhere else. Eventualy, if they keep this up, they will fall. I wonder how many more people are STILL ordering thinking they can get the watch because even as of this morning that promotion STILL comes up when logging onto their site. That's really shady!

0 Likes
mmcglynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

At the time of this posting, there are no watches left yet Verizon is STILL promoting it on their homepage! Talk about shady business practices!!!

0 Likes