Galaxy 6 Cox email issue
DOUCOR90

I am unable to connect to Cox's email using my Galaxy 6. I've  attempted both POP and IMAP. My phone defaults to Cox's recommended server settings for both. I can sign directly into Cox Webmail using the Username and Password I am using when attempting to add the Cox email to my phone. When I select sign in during setup I receive the following error "An incorrect username or password has been entered, or POP3/IMAP access is not turned on for this account. Check you account settings or contact your service provider." I did call Cox and was told that the only way I could be receiving this error is if my phone settings were incorrect. (not helpful). Below you can see my POP setting my, IMAP are also correct.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

POP3 server - pop.cox.net

Security Type - SSL

Port - 995

SMTP server - smtp.cox.net

Security type – SSL

Port – 465

Authentication  is checked and my user name is correct (no @cox.net)

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy 6 Cox email issue
bearone21
Legend

pop doesn't need ssl.....25 & 110 default

imap 993 ssl

smtp 587/465 ssl

cox doesn't work well with outlook & cs won't troubleshoot or setup.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DOUCOR90,

Email access on your phone is too convenient. The login  error means either the login or password is entered incorrectly. What happens when you prompt the phone to show the information you are typing? Additionally, are you able to sign into a computer by simply signing in? To determine a login/password mismatch, avoid using any saved settings. What happens?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you setup email auto or manual??

auto sets up imap & i've used it on an s3, s5 & currently the note5.

0 Likes