From a small drop of the Galaxy S4, the LCD has cracked. Details in description
sketchdragon

I have a flexible rubber case that increases the width (from front to back) by half a centimeter. This means that when it falls on a flat surface, face-down, the screen should not be hit. Unfortunately, I have learned that the case is NOT shock absorbent and therefore ending up with a cracked LCD (Not front screen). At first, the screen had wide, green bars on the front of it, and then after a while, the lcd did not produce anything altogether.

The drop was about 3-3.5 feet and it landed face-first on a linoleum floor. This happened on a normal school floor. The cracks are a little hard to see, but can be seen within reflection of the screen. All of the cracks are located at the top of the screen, mostly in the top-right corner, near the power button.

The cracks seem to start from the power button to the top of the screen, diagonally, and they are going 40 degrees, estimated. There are two cracks at the top center, and at the top right of the phone, there are seven. The sizes of these cracks range from 4 millimeters to 25 millimeters.

How much is the repair for a Samsung Galaxy S4 LCD screen? Possibly a front screen repair too (Please separate these two prices).

The system works completely fine. I keep getting notifications and it rang when I called it. The battery component seems to be in very good condition and the SIM card is not burned out or anything. The ONLY problem is that nothing will show up, and there are slightly visible cracks on the LCD part of the screen.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: From a small drop of the Galaxy S4, the LCD has cracked. Details in description
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest contacting Samsung directly to find out if they can repair the phone for a fee.

Verizon Wireless doesn't repair phones and the cracked screen (even the digitizer) unfortunately voids the warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: From a small drop of the Galaxy S4, the LCD has cracked. Details in description
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest contacting Samsung directly to find out if they can repair the phone for a fee.

Verizon Wireless doesn't repair phones and the cracked screen (even the digitizer) unfortunately voids the warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sketchdragon

Oh... Ill try asking them about it then. Thank you

0 Likes