Free gear
Beck_s

i just ordered the new galaxy s8. will I be getting a promotion code for the free gear?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free gear
TafferDawg
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
JESTOL39
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told you follow the link on the page where it says you get a free gear on the S8 page where you go to purchase the phone and you just need the Device ID#. I was wondering the same. Hopefully that is all we need because I did not get a code for it either.

Beck_s

Thanks

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Beck_s

Wait a minute.  I spoke with a rep Monday night.  He told me on 4/10 we can start claiming it.  Said we need a copy of our receipt to upload and that there is a limited amount available.   What you were told would mean waiting to get the device.  They would probably be all gone.  Shhhhhh our secret!

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Dmaxwell555
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if they are doing this the same way it was done last year but when I preordered the s7edge last year verizon told me I just needed my receipt and I could claim the vr. Nope. You need the number off the actual device. After looking over at samsung promo page this year, it looks as though you will need this again.  Probably just incase people go preorder, claim the vr, then cancel their preorder. I wouldnt worry though, all other carriers got the S7edge early last year, verizon got our preordereds to us on the day of release (silver S7edge) , and I still got my vr hesdset.

0 Likes
Dmaxwell555
Enthusiast - Level 2

And BTW there was no promo code. You just visit samsung.com/promotions and enter in your info. I think I had to attach a copy of my receipt as well last year.

0 Likes
TafferDawg
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
BB10Refugee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you will need the device in hand and supply the IMEI number and the Wi-Fi MAC address. Of course, S8/S8+ is breaking records on pre-orders and it appears VZW is behind again, as other providers have confirmed they will be sending out devices early to their customers. So, hopefully, supplies do last long enough on the promo's for VZW customers stuck behind a known slow provider.

T-Mobile confirms it will ship Galaxy S8 pre-orders early

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/786543-t-order-has-changed-preparing-...

0 Likes
JERTAY51

I wish you good luck.  My wife and I received our 2 new S8 phones from Verizon on Wednesday.  I applied for my Gear VR and was advised by the web site that my phone was ineligible for the promotion. Odd because my wife's phone that arrived in the same box was good to go.  I called Samsung and after being on hold for 2 hours I was told I would be contacted by email.  I was contacted and after providing them with my IMEI and wifi mac address this was the response:

[Removed]

What the [Removed] Samsung?  I have not been on hold for 2 hours.

inappropriate content and chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JERTAY51, we're sorry to learn you've been having issues with the Gear VR promotion. This promotion is run and handled by Samsung. As much as we would love to have this taken care of on our end, only Samsung can open an investigation to resolve your concern at this time. If you have any concerns related to your VZW account, we'll be more than happy to further assist.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes