Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
jburnaa
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's the point of not opening it? I opened it to see if it was worth the hype and if I should reconsider..... Short answer is no, it's not worth the hype at all, and def. not anywhere near equal in value, usefulness, tech, etc. as the S2.

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

It is always easier to return an unopened electronic item.  But, that is, if/when we are able to eventually exchange once this all gets cleared up.  

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you're THAT interested in seeing what it's all about then sure, feel free to open it. Just know that you're going to get even more pushback trying to swap it out if you don't like it because it will be "used". I have no interest in it because my parents (both in their 60's) are getting one from their S7 purchase and I see them keeping it for about a week before realizing they have no use for it and just give it to me. lol.

Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

So I just got an email from Samsung about how to activate my s2 when it comes. It's like they are trying to be Jenks! Oh well it made me laugh!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cjpd I've sent you a private message here in the forum. plese check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern. We also offer Facebook or Twitter. http://on.fb.me/1Jpn7XN
DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
xusnflyer96
Enthusiast - Level 3

One question....

Given all the problems with this promotion (mostly the S2), I wonder why an attorney hasn't picked up all the misinformation and sometimes deception and looked into this?  Though I haven't read every single post, so I don't know if an attorney has picked up on this.  It is times like this that I wish I was able to finish my law degree and pass the bar, but that isn't realistic at this point in time.

Just a question and thought.....

Ken

xusnflyer96
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the same email and I would love to need instructions, but common sense dictates that you MUST have received the watch first and that is what Prize Logic/Samsung/Verizon are sorely missing.

But at least I got my 'laugh for the day'!!!!

0 Likes
Lumns84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too received fantastic wonderful and useless email

0 Likes
Lumns84
Enthusiast - Level 3

It does actually state

"After you receive your product in the

mail, don't forget to activate it. "

It's implying it's on the way.  So maybe we should be getting it soon.  Lol

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

I was hoping that the email meant I've moved along the process somehow and it would show up in fed ex soon. I've seen somewhere people thinking they only ship on Fridays. Maybe today is our Friday

0 Likes