The biggest issues with this promotion are:

1. NOT going by first come first served

2. in this "real time" society the status updates have been frustrating to

say the least

- check status website - going forward and backwards

- the delayed "approved email"

- inaccurate information

3. 4-6 week window changing to 6-8 week

4. The reports that "approved" S2 recipients are now receiving VRs.

Why I upgraded from S6 to S7 edge

1. water resistant

2. battery life

I had initially ordered in store, the next day I read about being eligible

for the S2 if ordered online. I called Verizon stating if the sales rep

told me this, I would have ordered it online. I couldn't get any credit

or assistance so when my S7 edge arrived. I immediately returned it, paid

the restocking fee and bought another S7 edge online. A VR headset would

have been a cool novelty and I would have messed around with it for a few

hours but that's it. I previously had a pebble and loved it, I started to

get excited about what the S2 could do.

Here I am today, starting week 6, I cant complain there are those who

submitted 3/11, 10 days before me. Though im now Debating if I should buy

a S2 on CL/Swappa or continue to wait.........

Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

just to amuse myself I called PL, they told me my ship date is pending, and to check the website (oh so helpful), she said they are not out of S2s (i dont believe anything they say) and she is going to have a supervisor call me back in 5-7 business days (oh joy, fantastic quick customer service)

0 Likes
Aushoj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon may be trying to pass the blame to Samsung but ultimately we are Verizon's customers. I bought a Verizon phone that happened to be a Samsung product. If Sprint would have had the watch deal I would have swapped.

Verizon made a deal with Samsung, I made a deal with Verizon. I understand that the complete mishandling was mostly done by subcontractors but in the end the company that I gave my money to was Verizon.

Because of that I do expect whatever Verizon exec who made this deal to use his or hers leverage to let the Samsung exec in charge of this debacle, know that they better make this right. Because in the end they are both losing customer brand loyalty.

xusnflyer96
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agree 100%, plus I upgraded from the S5 to the S7 & S7 Edge in addition to the reasons you mentioned, plus the fact the S7's have a slot for a Micro SD card, up to 200GB, but I agree 100% with what you wrote/feel.  I have only tried calling PL once and there were 34 callers ahead of me waiting on hold, which I just hung up as I've got better things to do.  But I submitted my paperwork on March 13 and nothing on FedEx and I quit looking on Samsung's site as that status changes weekly, if not daily.

0 Likes
mike5809
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to add my story.

- Submitted for two watches on 3/11

- Around 3/21 online status changed to " Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.  Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

- Around 3/28 status changed again to something like "Now in Review"

- Around 4/8 status changed again to "Processing"

- Around 4/11 status changed again to "" Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.  Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

I have called PL numerous times, each time they tell a different story.  The last time I spoke to them (2x today) they said two things:

- Shipment for the watches is estimated at an additional 6-8 weeks!

- They confirmed that I have been approved for two watches and will get two watches.  I told them of reports about PL not having any left and people getting VRs.  The rep just said "You have been approved for the watches and that is what will ship, I cannot speak to why other people got a VR instead"

PL is the most incompetent company to ever deal with.  Terrible service, rude people, and just morally questionable business tactics.  It has been 7 weeks since submission, 6 since approval, and I am being told it may be 6-8 more weeks.  On top of that I am moving in 2 months and they won't let me change shipping addresses or anything.

Verizon and Samsung have to be aware that PL is a reflection of their own brands.  When PL cannot fulfill on promises and provides terrible service it has the same negative impact on both Samsung and Verizon.  You chose to do business with them to fulfill your promotion and they failed the customer, in proxy, VZW and Samsung failed the customer - your brand has been hurt and customer loyalty and trust lost.

0 Likes
colbycheese
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Kansas and ordered a gear s2 received a VR instead. Without typing out my long story...I contacted the Kansas Attorney General. Gave them my story and told them to google Gear s2 bait and switch to see how many people have dooped into purchasing a phone in the hopes of getting a watch but getting goggles instead. They contacted me back and had me fill out a claim form online as this amounts to fraud, and they'd investigate. I'll repost my results...but I advise as many as possible,  call, email your states Attorney General and see if they can help! Good Luck!

Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

well said. It is so frustrating I called PL this morning and she claimed that she was unable to see what I was approved for in her screen. I dont believe a word they say and I am very disappointed in Verizon for not stepping in on our behalf. My husband is with ATT, I looked at switching my service over with his as it would save us money but decided I have never had any problems with Verizon and Verizon was offering the Gear S2 so I decided to stay. I guess I know for next re-up that there isn't any reason to stay with Verizon as they do not seem to care enough to complete their agreement with their customers

0 Likes
KeepNitReel
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S2 was sitting at my door when I got home about about 20 minutes ago. Website still say's PENDING... BTW: I did mine on 03/09.

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

3/13 submission date, status shipping pending, nothing in my FedEx Delivery Manager, sent Midwest regional manager at PL an email expressing my concerns regarding how this promotion has been handled. Really hope I get my S2's and not VRs...

0 Likes
Swiftysnake
Enthusiast - Level 3

did you get any updates though fedex

0 Likes