Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
jburnaa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found a Reddit post....it's a 99.5% chance going to be a VR Smiley Sad

kinda [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ...

oh well...

https://www.reddit.com/r/timewarnercable/comments/4bztz6/i_didnt_order_anything_but_i_just_noticed_i...

0 Likes
mdtrek
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine didn't weigh much and was in a small box.

0 Likes
Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

if they send me a VR instead of an S2 I am not going to be happy, but I think they just aren't going to ever send me anything

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

That sounds a little big--even for the VR. Both of my S2's were .85 lbs according to FedEx Manager.

0 Likes
Lumns84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm gonna be royally [removal required by the ] if I get anything other than an s2.

Especially after having to do their lil dance and return my original phone

to ensure i was eligible for the S2.

0 Likes
Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

from reading some of the other forums it seems like quite a few people that ordered S2s are getting Vr's...after being told by prize logic that wouldn't happen and being assured they were getting the s2's. I still don't have a ship date or anything in fed ex but I am getting concerned

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one's actually received anything yet though, so I'm holding out hope. I don't see how they CAN swap out an S2 for a VR when their own terms say they can replace with "equal or greater value" right after saying the VR is $100 value, game pack is $50 value and S2 is $300 value... THEY said it, not us...

0 Likes
Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

i have no use for the VR, "the watch was the main reason I said OK I will upgrade"

0 Likes
jburnaa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, yes, there are already multiple confirmations of receiving a Gear VR instead of the S2. See this thread that I started last month when I got the email indicating that my gift had been swit...  They can and they have. Hopefully I can at least add more confirmation or hope (depending on what's on my doorstep when I get home this evening).

One thing I CAN confirm is that my coworker got his S2 three weeks ago. His came in a 9x6x6in. box and weighed 2.4lbs.... my delivery slated for today is 10x7x5in and only weighs 1.4lbs

0 Likes
jburnaa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, same here. I would have easily waited for the Note 6....

0 Likes