Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
tfeddern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and Mmustang, the watch icon was grayed out and had the words SOLD OUT on it when they first ran out. So not only do we know how to use a drop box, we also know how to read.

0 Likes
tfeddern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am happy to say that after they first ran out of the watches, I was able to apply for the watch several days ago, thanks to a poster on this group noting that the watches were available again. 🙂

0 Likes
mdtrek
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered the s7 edge in silver got it march 11 and ordered my promotional offer of the gear s2.  Today I got this message( Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date estimate: Pending).  So yes it was possible to order the silver s7 edge, get it March 11 and place the order for the gear s2. 

0 Likes
maakshif
Enthusiast - Level 1

Instead of attempting to make fun of people for not paying attention, why don't you pay attention by reading through the thread and see what everyone is "freaking out about". I'll even help you out, go to post 35 in this very thread and there is a screenshot showing where the Gear S2 was listed as sold out on the promotions page.

0 Likes
jburnaa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Prepare yourselves for another bombshell....they are pulling a bait and switch MAJOR. Just got an email saying my offer was approved,.....BUT they are sending me a Gear VR and NOT the Gear S2 that I selected! Really [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] right now.

Here's the email:

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved; however because the

purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business

purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game

bundle. We will ship your Samsung Gear VR to the mailing address you

provided when registering for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is

April 18, 2016.

0 Likes
Rionioni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] message.  [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] completely lied to me on the phone and got me to buy that phone, telling me I had the option for both. The lying  [removed], even gave me all the info to do this properly, making me believe I was in good hands and everything was just great. I've been a customer for over 23 years and they scam  me into buying the phone and believing the lies  out of this uneducated, conniving [removed] mouth. I give them I think around 4000 to 5000 dollars a year for 23 + years.  That's $100,000.  And they thank me by coning me into buying a new phone and deliberately lying to me about a their[removed] promo. I'm canceling my service,  and will never have anything to do with such a sad and deceitful business.  Thank you Verizon,  and your [removed].  Keep scamming people and stealing their money.

0 Likes
Rionioni
Enthusiast - Level 2

And tidbits, whoever you are. Go away,  you are one person that had a good outcome out of the hundreds upon thousands that didn't.  Your ridiculous. Please go get lost in a cave and never come out.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Rionioni wrote:

And tidbits, whoever you are. Go away,  you are one person that had a good outcome out of the hundreds upon thousands that didn't.  Your ridiculous. Please go get lost in a cave and never come out.

There's one thing you need to learn about forums... Customer forums roughly about 1% of the people come here and roughly about 97% of them have problems or something negative to complain about.  It doesn't give the full scope of every customer on any carrier.  So you say 1 person had a good outcome, but it could actually be millions that did, and so far I don't see hundreds of thousands of posters here saying they had problems.

So grow up a little, and wait and see as it could be a generic message.

0 Likes
Rionioni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just saying a good, decent business should be open and upfront,  especially to loyal customers like myself.  People like me are why Verizon is what it is.  I think I've been a customer for almost 25 years,  basically since they have been in business.  Anyhow,  I like your response 🙂 and nice image. 🙂

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Rionioni wrote:

I'm just saying a good, decent business should be open and upfront,  especially to loyal customers like myself.  People like me are why Verizon is what it is.  I think I've been a customer for almost 25 years,  basically since they have been in business.  Anyhow,  I like your response Smiley Happy and nice image. Smiley Happy

They are not the ones hosting the promotion.  All the replies, rules, and such are by Samsung.  Also the rules says if they don't have enough they can replace it with Something else.  Even if they ran out of VR's they could give something else.  So far I seen throughout the web a small handful of people saying they are not getting the watches.  If there were hundreds of thousands there would be a lot more complaints than a handful since based on Samsung projected number it safe to say they sold millions on each carrier in the states.  So if there was 2M Watches and 2.5M sold then I'd expect some people to get VR headsets or something different simply because they ran out.  They never said and people always assume there should be an unlimited supply even when they said it isn't unlimited supply.

Here's what I see on customer forums, and honestly you can see it in real life as well.

C-complaints-vs-gratitude.jpg