Following the latest Janruary update on my wife's Galaxy S7 edge, it won't accept a charge wirelessly
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife did the latest update yesterday which seems to be the January security update and now it appears she cannot get the phone to charge on the wireless charging stand. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Tags (1)
Re: Following the latest Janruary update on my wife's Galaxy S7 edge, it won't accept a charge wirelessly
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

The first thing that tech support told me was to clear the cache partition on the

phone after I got an update.Volume up-Power-Home do this when you go to start

up the phone. Once it goes to recovery mode use the volume down button to

highlight clear cache partition.The press the power button then volume down to say yes.

When it is done just reboot the phone. I was told that doing this helps with a lot of

different problems with the battery. It does not do anything to your settings.

Re: Following the latest Janruary update on my wife's Galaxy S7 edge, it won't accept a charge wirelessly
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Kathy but I think it turns out I jumped the gun. I tried charging my new Galaxy S8 on the charger with the same result. I have another fast charge wireless charger that I use next to my bed as an alarm clock and night clock and have had no problems so far. When I put my wife's S7 on that charger, it reacted normally and began charging as it should. Therefore it appears to be a faulty charging stand. Since it is well out of warranty I'll have to purchase another one. However thank you again for your help.