Exchange Email Signature - Maximum Message Size Exceeded.
banderman

After some sync issues I deleted and removed an exchange email account from the S4.  Before doing so I copied the email signature and pasted it back and I get an error message that Maximum Message Size Exceeded.  Does anybody know the size restriction of email signatures or why I received this error?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Exchange Email Signature - Maximum Message Size Exceeded.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting question banderman! I'm sorry for the issues with your email signature. Let's figure this out. Did you remove the email account and re-add the same account? If so, did the signature previously work? It looks like the maximum characters is 32. How many characters are in your signature?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
banderman

Yes I re added the same exchange email account with all the same settings.  Before removing the email signature I copied it and when I tried to paste it back that's is when I received the error.   The email signature is a legal disclaimer so it is a few paragraphs long, but it worked before.  I also have setup the email signature on another Android phone, although it was a different make and model.  I am puzzled as to why it would work one minute, but not another.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details banderman. You mentioned a different make and model device. Which one was it? Although each device may use the operating system(Android), other manufacturers use their own user interface and each model may have a different software version. When did these signature difficulties start? Have you completed a software update since the last time it worked?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
banderman

I had the email signature setup on the galaxy S4, I removed the email account, then I immediately set it back up.  When I tried to paste in the email signature it would not allow me, and gave the me the error message Maximum Message Size Exceeded.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha banderman! Thanks for the additional information! Please try entering your email signature manually, not by pasting, and keep us posted

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport .

0 Likes