Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless. I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am. It worked great until the NG6 update.
Canefanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why doesn't GPS and other location services work after the NG6 update to my S4.  I have it set to high accuracy and still cannot use navigation because it can never accurately find and keep my current location.

Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless. I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am. It worked great until the NG6 update.
JayMoneyCricket

Following. My wife installed the update yesterday and is infuriated with the GPS toggle missing and I don't blame her. She is also having the battery issues. I am not updating mine unless they fix these issues soon. If Verizon AND Samsung don't fix this soon we will be moving to another provide and platform.

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless.  I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am.  It worked great until the NG6 update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canefanatic

We definitely want to make sure your GPS is up and running after your software update! I understand how important it is to have this working so you can use your phones features to their fullest. Do you have WiFi enabled as well? Are there any time it does work? If so, what's going on right before it stops? Any areas where it works well?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless. I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am. It worked great until the NG6 update.
Canefanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even with WiFi enabled it never works. If I stay still for an extended

period of time it sometimes gets near where I am. It never actually gets

exactly right. When I'm driving it doesn't show any movement most of the

time. When it does move it jumps all around and is not near where I

actually am.

On Oct 25, 2014 12:24 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Canefanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google maps sent out an update today and that seems to have corrected the

problem.

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the NG6 update my location services and google maps are useless.  I have it set to high accuracy and it still never finds gps signal or keeps the blue dot where I am.  It worked great until the NG6 update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canefanatic,

Happy to see your device received an update and the issue is resolved! Thank you for being one of our valued customers!

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Canefanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I thought it was resolved. As it turns out I have to restart my

phone to get the location to work properly most of the time. Some other

apps that use location services don't recognize that location is turned on

and can't give me results for my location. It keeps saying enable location

services even though they are on.

On Oct 26, 2014 9:30 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
base311

I have the same problem.  Was working fine prior to NG6. Now it sends to take forever for gps receiver to acquire satellites or locate current position,  if at all. Once it says location acquired it then fails to properly paint position on map overlay in Google maps, if at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! What navigation app are you using? Have you tried to clear the app cache?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

base311, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Try clearing the cache for that GPS feature in Settings>Manage Apps/Apps Manager>From the All tab, select Google Maps> Clear cache/Data.

Next, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset. Please keep us posted and let us know if this issue persists.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes