Re: Emergency Alerts not received on Samsung S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klue, 

Thanks for your contribution with regard to the alerts on your device. I'd like to make sure we double-check the settings, just to make sure that all of the alert types are on. There are 5 different alert types. Please follow the steps in this link and make sure that the five different alert types are turned on:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203792/

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Yes all those settings are turned on.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it but your instructions provided in the link said to go to Settings/Connections/More Connections.  To get to emergency alerts on my phone go to Settings/Privacy and emergency, as I have no Connections setting.

KILONNITA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alerts were going off all around me today. Tornado warnings and watches.  My phone said absolutely nothing.   Called Verizon and eventually was disconnected; the rep didn't try to call me back.  A tornado touched down not too far from my home.  Called Verizon again and was on hold for 20 minutes.  Decided to try to figure it out myself.  Everything was set to alert me, but when I tried to hear the sound that would be emitted in the event of an alarm and there was silence.  I turned the location setting to high accuracy.  When I checked for the sound after that change, I finally heard the sound and the text to speech.  I hope this helps you.  Now I can go to sleep.

MARSAL66
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S7 did not receive the Emergency Presidential Alert test on October 3rd despite my phone being on, not on a call, the software being up to date, and all 4 alert types as well as location services being enabled. I called Verizon customer service that evening and after over an hour I was told more research was necessary and that I would receive a call back the following day. On October 4th I did receive a call-back and after another 10-15 minutes was notified that a ticket was being submitted to Verizon technical support. Over the next 3 days I received 3 texts indicating that my ticket had been assigned and when to expect the next update. Finally on October 8th I received a barely intelligible voice mail from the Verizon Network Support Team saying very rapidly that this was "not a network issue", that the alert was "not issued by Verizon" and to "visit www.fema.gov/emergency-alert-test if I have any other questions".

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure you are receiving the alerts you want.  Due to you not receiving the alert, you can notify FEMA know by emailing them at FEMA-National-Test@fema.dhs.gov .  Please include your cell phone provider, model, whether you were indoors or outdoors, stationary or moving, and in a rural or urban setting.

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dcinelli10
Enthusiast - Level 2

These instructions worked for me. Finally after 3 years.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Better late than never as I say. Thanks for the confirmation, dcinelli10. Please reach back out if you have any other questions or concerns. Other methods of communication we offer can be found in the link below. 

http://spr.ly/6606G9JoK

0 Likes