Emergency Alerts not received on Samsung S7
BOBASH28
Enthusiast - Level 1

We're a family of 5; 3 of us with iphones received the tornado alerts yesterday while the 2 with S7s did not receive any.  We are all set up to receive alerts. Any ideas why this is happening?

Tags (1)
Re: Emergency Alerts not received on Samsung S7
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have the S7 edge and have had this problem since I got this phone. I had asked this question before and was told that Verizon has no control on this. These sites might help as far as what is supposed to happen but as far as your phone getting the alert not so much.

Frequently Asked Questions: Wireless Emergency Alerts | FEMA.gov

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) | Federal Communications Commission

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely undertstand the need to be alerted of incoming severe weather. I appreciate the answer and links with more information, kathy65793! This information would be correct, BOBASH28. We do not control weather alerts sent out to devices. Here is another link with general information regarding emergency alerts: http://spr.ly/6589D5d3z

Just confirming, have you checked the settings on your Galaxy S7's to make sure emergency alerts are enabled? Here is a link with instructions on how to do so: http://spr.ly/6580D5d3M

MarshallP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

There is something wrong with the S7 and S7 Edge because there are to many of us not getting

these alerts. I understand that Verizon has nothing to do with the sending out of these alert but

there are to many of us not getting them and from what I am reading we are not all in the same

state or area. I am not sure if it is something with the phone or the software on the phone but

something is wrong and I hope Samsung & Verizon could get together and try to figure this out

Klue
Master - Level 1

I think one of the monthly security patches must of wiped this out as my wife's and my phone no longer get these alerts also. Been that way for months.  Maybe Oreo will put that function back in working order.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kathy65793,

Being able to be alerted to critical situations like weather alerts is crucial, and I don't want you to worry about this going forward. Granted this alert is not sent out specifically from us, there are underlying factors on how these messages get sent. There is a targeted area with the alerts which dictates who gets the messages, and based on the location of the device and the tower they are connected to; they would then receive the alert(s).

Where were the S7's in comparison to the iPhones on the account when the alerts were received? Have your S7 devices ever received any Emergency Alerts in the past?

Check out this great link (questions number 10, 11 and 18) that give more detail surrounding why the other devices may not have received the alerts. http://spr.ly/6586D5ftM

Does this help clear up the details?

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klue, we want you to get these alerts. RyanCo_VZW did a great job of addressing these concerns. I do want to confirm a couple of details with you. Did you check to make sure that you have your alerts turned on? Many times, software updates or security patches reset your settings to the original default. Are your location services on?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

This looks like some sort of a device issue as my fully updated S7E doesn't receive any alerts. All notifications are enabled.

On the other hand, the state that I live in has an Android and iOS app that does, essentially, the same thing as the stock alert app. Sadly, the app creator won't be issuing a Windows version of the app. ☹

gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here, not getting alerts. all are enabled. i do remember getting them in the past so i'm guessing one of the recent updates broke it.

Klue
Master - Level 1

Yes my alerts are turned on and the rest of the settings for alerts are on. My locations services are also turned on.