Email setup on the S4
MrDixon58

I can't get my bellsouth.net email set up on the S4. I've tried to let the S4 do it automatically and I've tried manually. I've tried setting it up as POP3 and IMAP. Can't get it to communicate with the servers

0 Likes
Re: Email setup on the S4
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try setting it up manually under the "other" option so you have a chance to enter the mobile server information and verify it before submitting it to have the phone authenticate the connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MrDixon58

Thanks for writing. I tried that too but get "authentication failed"

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What settings are you trying to use?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MrDixon58

The ATT POP3 settings, imbound.att.net, ssl, port 995, outbound.att.net, port 465

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try these settings.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48029

0 Likes
MrDixon58

I tried those too..same result.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What about trying the Yahoo app?

0 Likes
MrDixon58

Yahoo set up with no problems. So did Gmail but I use my bellsouth email as my main email account. I just read on a forum that JB 4.2.2 has a problem with ATT/Bellsouth email setup.  Looks like I'm screwed until a ota fix is sent out by Samsung or Verizon. Thanks for trying to help. If you come up with anything else I'm listening.

0 Likes
rjc1132

purchased a s4 last weekend and set up bellsouth email automatically. the settings are incoming: imap server imap.mail.yahoo.com     security type: SSL port: 993

outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com  security type: SSL port: 465

your post of June 9 showed a port 995 versus 993

0 Likes