Email not deleting from galaxy s7 when uploaded to my pc
bluemems1

When I open my outlook on my PC, and upload my email it used to be automatically removed from my cell phone.  I have the new Galaxy S7 and it does not seem to be working even though sync is on.  How do I get it to remove uploaded email?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email not deleting from galaxy s7 when uploaded to my pc
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you are using the POP3 server settings. I would suggest checking the Verizon Residential for the various options for syncing the verizon.net domain. There should be a couple of ways to sync (POP3, IMAP or Exchange).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

when deleted on pc it will delete if you setup both as imap email.

bluemems1

I don't think you can set up a verizon.net email as IMAP.  This just started happening in the past couple of weeks. Started on my Note 4 right before I switched over to the S7. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your email on your phone is great for on the go bluemems1. We want to ensure yours is working at its best for you. Can you please provide a little more detail on what is happening? Are your emails not loading on your phone, not deleting from your phone, etc? Are other data services working on your phone?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bluemems1

I have (had) my phone set up so that when I would go to my email on my computer and upload it, it would automatically remove it from my cell phone.  Now it just stays there until I delete it - so I am finding myself deleting the same message several times.  I even deleted some email from my phone and when I uploaded to my PC, all those deleted messages came up too.  This is how it should work, but is not.

1. Email comes in on phone - I delete some messages
  2. I get home and turn on my pc - those messages that are on my phone (because they are on the server) will upload to MS Outlook and be deleted from my phone (because now they are no longer on the server).'

That is not happening.  This is what happens instead

1. I view the email on my phone - I delete the messages I don't need.
  2. I turn my pc on and upload to MS Outlook.  All the messages on my phone, including the ones I deleted, are loading into MS Outlook AND staying on my phone.

Does that help?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you are using the POP3 server settings. I would suggest checking the Verizon Residential for the various options for syncing the verizon.net domain. There should be a couple of ways to sync (POP3, IMAP or Exchange).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bluemems1

Verizon - any status on why this is happening?  It is actually getting worse now as I have email that I deleted from the phone (including the trash) and uploaded it to my home PC and they are coming back on my phone too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bluemems1, we want managing your e-mail account to be simple on your new device. Did you download a 3rd party e-mail application from Google Play market or are you using the e-mail feature embedded on the device?

0 Likes
bluemems1

I am using the email feature embedded on the device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bluemems1, help is here to get you the answers you deserve as I definitely want you to have access to your email as it would be via your desktop. Ann154, you are on the right track with this issue. POP3 will not allow your desktop version and mobile email version to mirror one another. IMAP will allow this so it is important for you to check to see if setting your email up as an IMAP is possible.