Email app not syncing Godaddy email accounts.
Rinaldi

All,

I have the S3 and approximately one week ago, the email app stopped syncing my 2 Godaddy email accounts.  The email app for Gmail is still working.

I've gone into

Settings > Application Manager > All > Email > Clear Data

and then again setup my Godaddy email accounts.  This then syncs all the email again and I will get all current messages in my mail spool.  However it goes right back to not syncing anything new.

I've tried putting it in airplane mode as I saw a post that that may help, but no.  I've also removed the battery and let it sit, to see if that had any affect, but again no.

Has anyone else ran into this and if so, what have you done to correct this.

I am aware of the godaddy app, however I'd rather not use this, I kinda prefer the native samsung email app.

0 Likes
Re: Email app not syncing Godaddy email accounts.
Rinaldi

I thought I'd report back the status. 

So my phone has started syncing again out of the blue.  The only thing I can think of is perhaps there was a malformed header within an email which the Samsung email app choked on.  Now that it has aged out, it's started syncing again.

I don't know if this was the exact case as I didn't go through all my email headers, but it's the only thing I could think of being that it's started working again.

B.

0 Likes
Re: Email app not syncing Godaddy email accounts.
dalik

If you search on this forum and compare popular web hosting providers like Bluehost, Hostgator and Godaddy you will see many users have such problems with their email apps. First it seems your problem comes from your cellphone. But it is surprising that I had the same problem when I had a web and email hosting account with Godaddy and their customer service couldn't solve my problem and finally I moved my email hosting account to Bluehost and the problem automatically was solved, without any action!

So I recommend to you and any other users with similar problems to change your email hosting provider. Now that you are unhappy with Godaddy I recommend to try http://www.bluehost.com or http://www.hostgator.com companies.

I have the S3 and don't have any problem with syncing my Hostgator email accounts. So If I were you first I'd try Hostgator.

0 Likes