Dropped calls with the Galaxy S6? My S4 had no problems but my S6 shows weak signal and drops calls frequently!
jwaldrop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having a major problem with dropped calls with the Galaxy S6? My S4 had no problems but my S6 shows weak signal and drops calls frequently!

Re: Dropped calls with the Galaxy S6? My S4 had no problems but my S6 shows weak signal and drops calls frequently!
got2dive

I am having the same problems I am being told by verizon that others are not having problems. They have changed sim card and now a new device and Im still having problems. I just read having gone thru many forums the recommendation is to shut off advanced calling feature. I just did that we shall see.

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls with the Galaxy S6? My S4 had no problems but my S6 shows weak signal and drops calls frequently!
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

Are the dropped calls related to your location?  My S4 was dropping all calls at my home.  Same thing with my wife's phone.  VZW CS checked my location and found out my home is located between two cell towers.  I got a Network Extender and that solved my problem.  The only drawback is you only have a 3G signal and you must have at least 1G of upload speed for the extender to work properly.

0 Likes
jwaldrop
Enthusiast - Level 2

They told me to turn off advanced calling. I did and we'll see.

0 Likes
got2dive

What did they charge you for the extender.

0 Likes
jhoce
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are returning 3 with sa me issues.

0 Likes
got2dive

I have shut off the advanced calling feature and the problem stopped go

figure

0 Likes
Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem. I travel the same route every day and this state of the art,  top of the line phone does not perform as well as prior phones with connectivity. My callers tell me my voice fades away while speaking to them, and then sometimes the call gets disconnected. I love everything else about the phone but find myself miserable with people saying "are you still there?" Verizon has replaced the Sim card and also the entire phone,  no luck.  Verizon has started an investigation and has me dialing #832 every time this happens so they can see if it's caused by when the phone hands off the call to a new tower. Keep calling them people to let them know that this fancy Volte WiFi calling phone needs an update!

Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you turn off advanced calling you lose mobile data transmission during a call. This means you can't access the Internet or any other functions until you either hang up the call or connect to WiFi.  This may not be a big deal to some,but it's an issue for me.I stepped up to a new phone and I stepped back words with its functionality!

guns28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree,  I didn't get a iPhone so not to lose that function. .

0 Likes