Dropped calls terrible cell phone coverage is there a number I can dial to update my roaming capabilities
squeelin56
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped calls terrible cell phone coverage is there a number I can dial to update my roaming capabilities
Weth
Legend

No.  LTE phones update coverage when phone rebooted or SIM is taken out and replaced.  Do not use the old method of dialing to get PRL update, the new phones don't work like that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls terrible cell phone coverage is there a number I can dial to update my roaming capabilities
Weth
Legend

No.  LTE phones update coverage when phone rebooted or SIM is taken out and replaced.  Do not use the old method of dialing to get PRL update, the new phones don't work like that.

0 Likes
squeelin56

So......is there a reason I'm having dropped calls, b4 this smartphone, I have never had a dtopcall.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Squeelin56 No reason is a good reason to have dropped calls. We can certainly work to find out why this is happening. When did it start? Does anyone else experience the same? May I have your zip code?

DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I have also had poor signal strength over the past couple weeks.  I have to restart occasionally to show any sort of signal strength.  It just isn't happening in one place.  Zip code where I live is 45833 and work is 43512.  The poor signal strength happens both places.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re here and ready to give this service a boost radar320. We didn’t see any reported issues in the area. Are other people having the same issue? What services is it affecting on the phone?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I have my S7 edge and a tablet I use in these same locations.  My phone will only show 1 bar of signal strength in both locations until I restart, and my tablet also at both locations will go to 1 bar or no service whatsoever showing an X by the signal strength indicator.  I have to restart both from time to time to show decent service.  It is a good thing I have wifi access at both locations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this clarification. Do you only experience issues indoors or does it also occur outdoors?

HarleyE_VZW

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Both indoors and outside.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification. We will get to the bottom of these service issues. How does your service work outside of your zip code? Is your software updated?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes