Dropped Calls/Low/Weak 4G signal
alt1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my wife and I have the Samsung S5 and in the past two weeks or so, the amount of dropped calls as increased. We live in the 21117 area code and have tried calls is several locations and the call either drops or we have connectivity issues. I have also tried the sim card fix to no avail. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls/Low/Weak 4G signal
bearone21
Legend

area code is 3 digits, do you mean zipcode??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Alt1052,

We want you to have the best coverage at all times! 21117 has no current reported issues. When you leave this area does the dropped calls automatically stop? How many bars of service are showing on the device when the call drops? Are you able to dial the caller right back?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
alt1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

The dropped calls continue. We were out of town for Thanksgiving and we had a number of dropped calls. When the calls drop i usually have at least 4 bars. I am amble to dial the caller back right after the drop.

0 Likes
kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3
dial *228 n hit the option to update roaming capabilities, it will check and download a new list of towers if available
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

kdm3170 wrote:

dial *228 n hit the option to update roaming capabilities, it will check and download a new list of towers if available

You do not dial *228 to update the PRL on 4G LTE phones; that function is handled by the SIM card.  Turning the phone off and then back on should force the update, but sometimes a SIM pull is required.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you recently get the update or enable Advanced Calling 1.0?  If you are on a VoLTE call with another Verizon customer, and the 4G/LTE signal is weak or changes to 3G - the call will be dropped.  VoLTE is relatively new, not a lot of phones have it, and it has been inconsistent in my experience.

For more info on Advanced Calling 1.0, see Advanced Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Calls won't switch between 3G and 4G LTE networks. If your call starts on the 3G network and you move to a 4G LTE coverage area, your call will continue as a 3G/CDMA call. However, if your call starts on the 4G LTE network and you move to a non-4G coverage area, your call will drop.

If you did not recently update to this, then we can explore further.

0 Likes