Re: Don't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 until they fix the Screen! Verizon Fails to Support Warranty!
Not applicable

You are in luck that Samsung can be sued in a class action. The US Supreme Court decision does not protect them

Go get them.

Good Luck

Re: Don't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 until they fix the Screen! Verizon Fails to Support Warranty!
swinkster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope that I am wrong, but based upon what I'm reading and personally experienced, Samsung will not do anything except offer to charge you $200 to fix the phone.  They said they have 13 control points that they check to tell if the phone was abused or if it failed to to manufacturing defect. Every post I read reports that their phones were evaluated as ABUSED.  Even phones that were brand new, no scratches or dents.  I can't ever find a post where someone said that Samsung admitted that there was a defect.  That's almost impossible with millions of GS4s sold.  Every manufacturing process has a defect rate.

I had a coworker get the GS4 yesterday. I tried to talk her out of it but she said it was too late.  She said that the sales rep told her that there had been a known issue with the tempered glass, but they thought all of the new phones had the new glass.  I am just waiting for her to email me when her phone breaks.  

I wished someone would create a class action lawsuit. This is a prime example of a case where large corporation does not take care of customers. 

0 Likes
SS101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I would have read this sooner, my samsung S4 is coming via FedEx tomorrow.  I would not have ordered it had I known there was an issue with it. I did purchase insurance with it, so hopefully if theres an issue, that will cover it.  

Not applicable

When it arrives call verizon up and cancel the contract. Pay the restocking fee and then get a different device. You have 14 days of buyers remorse. However get a tracking number and receipt for the return or verizon will claim it was never sent back and charge you big money. Don't fall for this scam. Do a Google search on it or search the forum for this latest scam by verizon to bill you for a return you are not responsible for after you get a receipt for the return.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Westbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

BEWARE! Don't buy a Samsong galaxy s4! Same experience with defective screen.  Had phone less than 4 days and the screen developed multiple cracks with absolutely no other damage to exterior of phone. It was fine one minute and 3 hours later after just sitting on a shelf unused it was broken. Have to pay $100 deductible for a replacement but I don't want one. I've had a Samsong galaxy 3 for 2 years - jostled around plenty in purses, small bumps and drops with absolutely no problems- owned previous Samsong model for over 5 years with no problems. In fact, using that while trying to resolve issue with s4. I'll be filing complaints with the Washington State Attorney General and Federal Communications Commission as this is obviously a fraudulent way to gain insurance business by selling defective phones - making insurance premiums plus the deductible. Guess Samsong has to get rid of these phones somehow.

Usual pass the buck with Verizon- Sorry, we can't do anything and, of course, Samsong is totally non-existent. Bought my previous phones from Best Buy and whenever there was an issue got great customer service.

DON'T BUY FROM VERIZON STORES!! YOU'LL REGRET IT!!!

Write your state's Attorney General and Insurance Commissioner and the FCC. With enough complaints we can force Verizon and Samsong to stop this SCAM!

dr_beard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for making this video and posting it to this site! Verizon people, I

hope you are watching and reading this! I just got my phone back from

Samsung and I'm not even taking it out of the box. No way will I trust

using the phone again as I'm sure it will just break again. I will sell it

back for $100 less than I paid for it before I try to use the thing again.

I wish Verizon would do the right thing with this issue because I do like

Verizon's service and would rather stay with the company. I've been a loyal

customer for 20+ years. It seems like they would want to help us out with

what is obviously a defective product.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let's be realistic here. Verizon does not make any phone. Samsung and other companies do. A material defect or operating system defect is squarely on the maker of the device. Fair is fair.

Now Verizon and other cellular providers sell these different makes of devices, the manufacturer warrants the device against defects not Verizon. However they will exchange the broken device ( not physical damage or water damage or loss or theft) which you can purchase a supplement insurance which they collect premiums for.

In this case verizon is not responsible for your broken phones, you can replace under verizon using manufacturer warranty or go directly to the device maker for your warranty service.

Verizon wireless provides connectivity to their calling and data network. They are not responsible for your non functional device that is the maker of the devices fault.

Good Luck

0 Likes
dr_beard
Enthusiast - Level 2

As someone has already posted on this thread, when we buy a defective

product from any store, we return that product to the store and expect

either a refund or an exchange.

Let's take Bed, Bath, and Beyond for an example, a company really dedicated

to customer satisfaction. I bought an electric toothbrush there for over

$200 and it worked great for over two years before it started

malfunctioning by turning itself on in the middle of the night. Creepy.

Anyway, I took the toothbrush back to BB&B and they replaced it. No

problems and no questions.

Obviously, BB&B did not make the toothbrush. It wasn't their fault the

thing malfunctioned, and yet they replaced the product YEARS after

purchase. And I didn't even have a receipt! And I don't even spend $100s of

dollars a month for any service they provide!

It doesn't make sense to say it's not Verizon's fault. It doesn't matter

whose fault it is. I bought the phone there. I pay them an exorbitant

amount of money monthly. There is an obvious problem with the phone. They

should a) refund or replace the product or b) force Samsung to do something

about this issue. I think the "Verizon isn't responsible" argument is used

against the customers who are trapped in contracts where they are compelled

to use their services. We are stuck with Verizon, so I guess they don't

have to worry about making things right when they sell us defective phones.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know I answered an analogy like yours a few months ago. So here goes.

You can buy that phone at best buy, Walmarts, Costco, Fry's or future world and its activated on Verizon's network.

The device breaks down. Now verizon does not sell it so you have to return it to the store you purchased from. Oh but it has a time frame on replacement or repair. Best buy won't take your tooth brush back after two years. You have 15 days for best buy to get involved, after that time frame it is through the tooth brush maker, and they don't have lifetime warranty  so what Bed, Bath and Beyond did was a courtesy.

Now because the phone stopped working, you have to go through the stores I mentioned. Why would verizon be responsible to warrant a phone you did not buy from them. So now you deal with the other stores and they tell you sorry your 15 days are up you must contact the maker of the device. These stores are doing exactly what the warranty states.

Now verizon sells you a device and it has a manufacturer warranty against defects in operation not physical damage instead of you having to deal with the phone manufacture they assist you by doing it for you. Let's say they decide to be like chain stores and say after 15 days they have no obligation to you. Again it is the maker of the faulty device at issue, not Verizon Wireless.

Personally I believe they are trying to assist but their hands are tied. Place the complaints squarely on the manufacturer of the device. Verizon did not make it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
MgLuvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon didn't make the s4, but it continues to sell them. They are one of the largest customers of Samsung. They probably have more influence than do a thousand complaint letters.

Verizon can continue to have their dishonest CSRs lie to the customers, pretend this issue doesn't exist, or they can advocate on behalf of their clients and pressure the company. They continue to sell this product, and thefail to own up and admit LED issue isn't a fluke.

Samsung won't replace these phones free, but Verizon could try and get the $200 repair charge decreased due to a defective design. It's likely this product has enough demand and been out long enough to reduce the cost of the AMOLED. Subsidize the screens, let us do the labor.

0 Likes