Does Kies Outlook syncing work?
Treebranch

I am looking for a non-cloud solution to syncing Outlook 2013 to my Galaxy 3 phone -- mainly because I don't trust Google with my contact information.  So I was pleased to find a solution on the Samsung Website called Kies, an app you can download to your computer and use to transfer and update contacts, calendars and tasks.  However, I've also found numerous comments in android forums that refer to Kies as "buggy" and tell horror stories about failed efforts to make it work.  I would be grateful to hear from anyone who's had experience -- good or bad -- syncing Outlook to their Galaxy 3.  Contacts is most important to me, calendar second most important, and tasks a distant third.  I would love to have a good USB method, but if that's not possible I'll settle for the best available cloud method -- whatever is easiest to set up and keeps going with fewest glitches.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Does Kies Outlook syncing work?
dahodson

did you come up with a solution to your issues?  I had been using kies 2.6 to sync my galaxy 3 phone with outlook 2010 but when android updated and kies updated to 3.0 it no longer works

0 Likes
ClCto

There are a number of paid 3rd party solutions that can sync Outlook 2013 (standalone on PC) to S3 and other Galaxy phones.  CompanionLink offers both direct USB and Cloud options and is the only vendor to include Tasks and Categories as well as Contacts and Calendar.  CompanionLink is tied to an Android App called DejaOffice from the Android play store.

Look on the bottom of CompanionLink's pages for a button to download a free two week trial.  You can call tech support, phone tech support, really, if you need help.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android Sync also works well, although it doesn't support recurring tasks.

0 Likes
MobileSlave

It is not easy, but I can get it to work.  It usually crashes on the first attempt so I find I am more successful if I restart my computer before a second attempt.  Be on the lookout for a Outlook warning that requires giving the program permission to access data for a period of time.  The default is one minute, I take it up to ten because sometimes the process is slower than others. 

I update my contacts, calendar and tasks separately.  There is still the option in contacts which way to sych (to outlook only, to device only, or both ways); unfortunately, after the last upgrades calendars and tasks are locked at both ways.

0 Likes