Re: Disastrous Firmware Upgrade Ruins 4G Reception, Other Issues
bonem83

Update:  The sim card switch and factory reset only helped temporarily.  The issue persisted  days after and was as bad as ever.  I called in and had a refurbished phone sent to me.  They sent it next day air which is nice.  I just got it last night and and fired it up noticing it is the MB1 version not the MB3 build.  Everything works as it did before the update so far.  Hopefully it will continue to work as is.  If the update pops up I'm going to defer it until a fix comes out.  I really don't mind not having the new gallery or multi screen.  Also, this process helped me cut down on all the extra apps that I didn't really need.  My battery life should benefit as a result.

I'll leave an update if the connection gets worse.

0 Likes
kansaswrangler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today's latest, greatest email: "Get 1 month of FREE movie streaming from Redbox Instant by Verizon with a subscription"

Should work really great with NO 4G or 3G!

Please get this fixed!

Madhatter48
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did my disastrous Jellybean  update on June 7th, Struggled with everything until I finally called Verizon and the tech wanted me to do a factory update which I totally didn't want.  I couldn't take it much more so on Saturday June 15 I agreed to the factory reset.  Sorry to say it didn't fix anything.  )-:  On Tuesday I called for a replacement phone since no one had any idea when the fix would be issued.  They told me Ii would receive the phone in 3 to 5 business days...it was the whole 5 days before it came.  In the mean time Samsung sent me an update on Thurs. June 20 and now all is well again.   So wait a bit longer if you are having trouble...the fix is in the way.

0 Likes
ddriver7087

I BELIEVE I MAY HAVE SOME INSIGHT INTO THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT POPS UP AND SAYS TO CALL "800-922-0204 Error Code: 1000"   [I have the Samsung Galaxy S3]...

About 2 weeks ago, I started receiving that error message... I found this forum while looking for some answers.  Over the next two days, I racked my brain to try and figure out why I too was receiving the error code.  Then I realized, in the past month & a half, I've only downloaded one app/program... SwiftKey, an alternative keyboard to stock GS3 keyboard.  Then, as I thought about it, it wasn't until about 2-2 1/2 weeks ago that my phone started to really act up.  It's been running really slow, has been VERY spastic and I've been receiving that error message. 

My law firm has a secure Wi-Fi network, which my phone connects to whenever I'm at work.  Because my firm is located in an office complex, whenever you go 10 ft outside our office's walls, you're disconnected from the secure Wi-Fi network.  On 3-4 different occasions, I have been texting while leaving the office- when I get approx. 10 ft from my office perimeter, I lose the connection to our Wi-Fi but quickly pick up a connection from a neighboring office's unsecured Wi-Fi.  Each time that's happened, my phone goes nutty!  My keyboard becomes unresponsive, my screen freezes and even sometimes, my phone will power off.  I also get some error message, something about 'not being able to complete download process'. 

As I said, these problems started about 2.5 weeks ago.  I downloaded SwiftKey 1 month ago.  Since downloading it, SwiftKey has already automatically "updated" once. 

For me, this is the only logical cause of my GS3 issues- for other's it may not be causing any problems... but I figured I'd share this information just in case...   I am no techie nor do I pretend to be one; I just wanted to share my experience.  If this post has helped just one other person... then it was worth sharing.

Happy Thanksgiving, All! 

0 Likes
sshelas

I have same issue but did not download anything Verizon is telling me it was fix but last lady I spoke with said she doesn't know why I am receiving these errors backup media failed . alert call Verizon next alert and now bayservice not working, what the heck is that no one seems to know

0 Likes