Disable backup plus on jelly bean
tiffany007

I want to disable this permanently since it can't be deleted.  HOW?

0 Likes
Disable backup plus on jelly bean
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Pretty sure you have to log into My Verizon on your computer to disable backup assistant.

0 Likes
Re: Disable backup plus on jelly bean
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tiffany007,

I want you to have access to the apps you need and want. With Backup you can actually access Settings -> Apps and then go to All. Click on Backup and make sure to uninstall any updates and select disable. Let us know if you have further concerns.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tiffany007

Disable is grayed out. I can't disable. I'm on version 4.1.1 Galaxy S iii.

Other options?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Galaxy SIII

On Jan 9, 2013 6:06 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you clear the data, force stop the app, and turn off the sync?

0 Likes
Kean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi tiki,

I can only Force stop the app although the data and cache are all currently at zero.  That may have been different at some point and the option to clear those may have been available.  However, the option to disable to application is not and it apparently will still try sync regardless. 

Today I went ahead and selected the option to only have my phone sync when an application is in use.  I don;t know if that will help prevent BA from starting and syncing.

0 Likes
Kean
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had created a specific thread for my issue but thought I would update this one as well since I had brought up the question here....

I went through 2 levels of support on the phone just a few minutes ago but I received the answer to my problem.  It’s quite simple in fact.  ….basically, disable the Sync Service in the apps menu.  Clearing the cache, etc. and force stopping the BA apps prior to this may be a good idea just in case.  I knew the Sync Service was tied to Backup Assistant but what I didn’t know was that it was exclusive to those services.  In other words, disabling it will not affect anything else except for BA (so I am told).

I don’t know why other responses from support I have seen posted in these forums regarding the same subject have not suggested this, but hopefully this helps someone else who may find themselves in my position.