Device does not exist on my account. Among other things...
HyperDimenion

I don't even really know where to begin, but ill start with this. I had a Samsung Galaxy S10+, that recently stopped functioning. No big deal, ill go to a Verizon store and pay it off, get a new phone. So i do, i pay off my old device, and upgrade to an S20+ 5G, cool beans. Was a hiccup with the SIM card while i was at the shop, some weird network stuff, its over my head. But, at the end of it all, it worked out and they gave me my new phone. Great. Two days later, this morning in fact, it just entirely disconnected from the network. I cannot access anything on the device. OK, whats the issue? Go into settings, look at the sim information, it says its activated and on the network. But the top left says "Looking For Service", the My Verizon app tells me my device is not activated, but that i also cannot activate it. 

So, now, i log into my account here, and i see that my payment that paid off my old device has gone through. However, my new device, that i have in my hand, is nowhere to be seen. In fact, my old device is there, an S10+, with its payments reset, as if it were brand new and i just got it. I cannot contact customer support without a phone, so this is really my only option. Chat Live and the like, were not working for me. 

I have never used these forums so forgive me if im doing something wrong, im just incredibly frustrated as a lot of professional work necessitates my device work given the situation we are all currently in. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device does not exist on my account. Among other things...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new phone, HyperDimenion. It sounds like the old phone is still active and tied to your service. Getting the new phone fully activated should fix everything with the service and My Verizon.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
HyperDimenion

It cant be, because i traded it in to Verizon, and the store itself said everything was good to go. Im still paying for a phone i dont have. 

0 Likes
HyperDimenion

I mean, yeah, sure. But how? My new device WAS connected, and now its just entirely not connected to the network after this morning. I cant call Customer Service with no phone. And now im paying for a device that is no longer mine, and that i no longer have in my possession, BUT Verizon did take my money, and reset the payment as if it were a brand new phone. So im confused as to what is going on and how this gets resolved.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure all your questions are answered and all your issues are resolved.  To clarify, are you still having any issues and is there anything else that we can assist you with?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes