Delayed shipping of S4 32gb pre-orders without notification?
Csvat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered the S4 on 6/29 at 3am (I work nights), so I did an early preorder.   It states on my email and on the site at the time I ordered that it ships by 7/3; that time has come and gone and I have not received any follow up information.  I chatted with a rep last night (7/3) when it was getting late in the evening and she informed me that apparently all the preorders are delayed.

Where is the notification that it is going to be delayed Verizon?  I swear you get worse at customer service as time goes on; If there was any comparable service in my area I'd be long gone, but alas I'm stuck with you.  AT&T almost makes it attractive since they don't strip the phones features and add as much bloatware.

Anyone else not receive any notification?  Or did I get a bunch of smoke blown up my rear?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Delayed shipping of S4 32gb pre-orders without notification?
mikey95gt

7/3 update. My online status still says "We received your order and it is in  process. Expected Ship Date: 07/03/2013"  I called and they say in their  look up that it is now expected to ship on 7/5.  That stinks.  He said  if it is possible to still ship today, but I am not counting on that.  I  ordered it on 6/29, so they had plenty of time to process my order and  it said expected to ship 7/3 back then.  Will update if it changes.

7/4 update.  Online still says the same "We received your order and it  is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/03/2013", so will now play the  waiting game until tomorrow.  I did sign up for fedex notifications and  they don't have not notified me of any tracking numbers with my address  on it.  I called again and they are clueless on why it has not shipped.   New shipped by date shopping online device site says Will Ship by 7/8.   My guess is that is going to be the ship date for all of them.   Somebody in logistics must have messed up! -mg

0 Likes
Csvat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to know I'm not the only one with the problem.  I can't believe they didn't send an email letting us know there would be a delay from what we were originally told.  Oh well.

0 Likes
Saber008

"You are not alone"

I ordered my 32GB S4 on 7/1, when it said the order will ship by 7/5.  As you guys stated it now says that it will ship 7/8.  I'm still not sure if this is only for the people ordering now, or for all of us.  Seeing how it has not shipped for you guys yet, I would say the delay is for everyone.  Verizon Wireless has not made any effort to contact and inform me that there is a delay in my order.

I went through a similar process when I pre-ordered my iPhone 5, whoever the Vice President for Logistics either loves messing with people, or thinks that 2+2=5.  I could be a real annoying Consumer and bitch at Verizon's support team, but I know it's not their fault.  Csvat is right, Verizon Wireless customer service is turning into Verizon Corporate's customer service.  This is very bad, but for the most part, most problems I have with them are small.

0 Likes
pbowen0325

I ordered my s4 32gb on 6/29 Saturday morn @ 9:30am.  Expected ship date was 7/3.  Ive called and chatted multiple times and one person said they would ship 7/5, today, which honestly at this point I would be happy with.  But you all are correct, the lack of communication of a delay is not customer friendly.

0 Likes
mikey95gt

7/5 update:  As i unfortunately guessed my pre-order status is now:
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/08/2013

0 Likes
longhorn95
Enthusiast - Level 2

My pre-order status also changed to expected ship date of 7/8. Just disappointed in the lack of communication from VZW but in reality I shouldn't be surprised.

0 Likes
dfox

Weird.  Mine still says 7/3:

"Status: 07/03/2013Your order will ship by 07/03/2013"

0 Likes
Csvat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine said ship by date of 7/3 earlier today as well, I now have a tracking number with a arrival date of 7/8, it shipped out today.

0 Likes
mikey95gt

7/5 afternoon status:
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 07/03/2013
I went into the store and they see the same thing.  So it changed again from 7/8 this morning back to 7/3.

0 Likes