Re: Delayed or NO notifications gmail or FB - Galaxy S7 Edge
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

I suppose the last thing to try is Notifications, everything on (you probably already did that). Advanced, everything allowed. More, reset app preferences.

Hmmm, where are you when notifications do come in? In your car, at home, out at lunch?

How often do you shut the phone down? Not just restart, but all the way off. My wife says "Shut it off (usually my computer, but phones are much the same now), let it think about its' sins. Then start it back up after you both cool off"

Doesn't always work, but it's good therapy.

Good luck, Sorry I couldn't be more help. I think it's another bad phone. 

0 Likes
Hogies

Yea ive tried all that. I was in a remote sessions with Samsung and they did all of these notification settings at the time to try.

I am nowhere specific when they come in. I travel for work, from business to business, and I need my notifications to come in while I'm driving so i'm aware of any incoming work I need to do.

I would say it gets rebooted weekly NORMALLY. As of recently, im unsure because of the weekly factory resets im instructed to do.

I appreciate everything you've had me try. I could easily get another warranty phone, after a couple more hours on the phone with tech support, but the chances of having 2 already that do the same thing are 1 in a trillion... I just dont see another S7E fixing anything. I almost feel its a software issue and why its only effecting ME is beyond my reasoning.

Thanks for everything.

0 Likes
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

I have heard of people receiving multiple phones before they got one that worked. Especially if the phones were reconditioned and not factory new. Seems to me that if it were a software issue, lots of phones would be affected, not just yours. This seems more hardware related.

Again, good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your need to have a working phone to access emails. I use my phone to stay up dated on all of my email accounts. Did you verify if the settings were compatible with your work email settings?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this.

go to settings

select battery

select more

select optimize battery usage

turn off optimization for your Gmail and facebook apps.

Michael

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Change your APN(Make a new one)

Copy everything EXACTLY the original one is.  Change IPv6 to IPV4, and the problem should go away.  Should will probably notice faster speeds as well.

If you are on wifi change your router settings and make it IPv4.

Samsung phones block WiFi IPv6 when sleeping, delayed notifications

There's a lot more out there about how Samsung has messed up with IPv6.  They have had problems with it since the S4 I believe.

0 Likes
Hogies

I didnt want to say anything until I tested this fully, but this SEEMS to be working for my email.. I turned off battery optimization for these apps and the EMAIL is working.. I haven't noticed ANY change in facebook notifications though.

If this is an issue, why does it seem i'm the only one to have had this issue?? All those are ALWAYS on by default!!!!!

0 Likes
MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am really glad that the gmail is working for you. I am not sure about FB, I think there are other settings within facebook that would get the notifications going correctly.

I am not sure why there is not more written about the problem, it was one of the first issues i first ran across and was so frustrating. I just happened to come across some info in a forum that helped. Cannot remember where though.

Have  a good one!

Michael

0 Likes
bobbyjack
Contributor - Level 1

This makes perfect sense when you read what optimization does. I have never changed any battery settings and it appears that optimization is off by default. Perhaps sometime when you had someone look at your phone, that's when it got turned on. Who knows.

0 Likes
Hogies

When I do a factory reset,  it seemed to be ON by default..  I never touched any of those settings..

0 Likes