Daylight savings time fix?
AMichels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Corvallis, OR - my Samsung Galaxy S5 has not updated for daylight savings time. A quick check under the settings says its on Alaska time - which should not be correct. Any attempt at trying to restart the phone (including removing the battery), disabling and re-enabling the automatic time/date settings has done nothing. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Daylight savings time fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you. We want to make sure that you have the proper time displayed on your device. There are some good details to start with here. Were you able to change the time zone to the correct setting? If you try settings>Date and time> What has checks in them?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AMichels
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first noticed the problem, automatic date and time and time zone were checked. After some playing around I figured it was the automatic time zone that was the issue - every time I turn that on my time zone immediately changes to Alaska Daylight Time.

In order to have the correct time displayed I have to manually uncheck Automatic Time Zone and then change the time zone to Pacific Daylight Time.

AMichels
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first noticed the problem, automatic date and time and time zone were checked. After some playing around I figured it was the automatic time zone that was the issue - every time I turn that on my time zone immediately changes to Alaska Daylight Time.

In order to have the correct time displayed I have to manually uncheck Automatic Time Zone and then change the time zone to Pacific Daylight Time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMichels, I rely on my automatic time settings to ensure things are always correct. Let me assist in getting this resolved.

Have you tried booting your phone into Safe Mode to see if the Time zone is still incorrect when it is set to auto? You can follow these steps to put your phone into Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1RTFkE4

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AMichels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me put it this way - this problem is not likely with my phone. When I am in Albany, OR - a town not that far from Corvallis, the phone auto-updates to the correct time zone. When I was in Corvallis, it would update to the wrong time (and wrong time zone).

As of today, however, that issue has resolved itself. I turn on the auto-update to time zone and everything works as it should. Why? No idea.

0 Likes