Confusing wording on S10 preorder offer: I already have 2 lines, do I need to start a 3rd line to get the $750 discount?
dabeberman
Enthusiast - Level 2

The S10 preorder offer for $750 towards a second phone available unti 3/7/2019 has a line that requires a new smartphone line for the second phone.  I already have 2 lines on my account.  Does that sentence mean that there has to be a line for the second phone, which could be my other existing line, or does that mean I have to actually open a 3rd line, then wait until the phones are received to close my current 2nd line?

I tried online to do the upgrade by putting the S10 and S10e in the cart.  Both times I was offered the line upgrade option instead of a new line for the S10e.  Looking in the cart I could not see if the offer of the discount of $750 would be honored.

Please clarify.

Thanks

David

[removed]

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Confusing wording on S10 preorder offer: I already have 2 lines, do I need to start a 3rd line to get the $750 discount?
bearone21
Legend

cal cs, 800-922-0204

0 Likes
Re: Confusing wording on S10 preorder offer: I already have 2 lines,
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dabeberman, we appreciate your interest in our Galaxy S10 promotion, and want to ensure that you have the correct information for promotion eligibility. I will be glad to clarify. I can confirm that a new line of service is required in order to receive the $750 promo credit. Fortunately, you may take advantage of our trade-in promotion to receive $200 off the Galaxy S10 with trade-in of a qualifying device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s10/ Select "See the details" then "Get $200 off with select trade-in" to view our list of eligible devices. Let us know if this information helps to clarify.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Confusing wording on S10 preorder offer: I already have 2 lines, do I need to start a 3rd line t
NHGeordie
Enthusiast - Level 1

You do not get $750 off another phone. You need to pay that $750 up front and then Verizon will pay it back to you over the next two years. And then there's that whole extra line thing. Me and my wife have two Verizon phones, so what would I need another line for? Two S10s are two grand, then I'd get $750 over the next two years, dribbled back at $31.25 per month. Alternatively I can get two unlocked S10s for $1700 at Best Buy and I'll be $300 better off immediately. Depends whether you mind spending $2,000 to have locked phones. We have two locked S7s now and it has never bothered us.

0 Likes
Re: Confusing wording on S10 preorder offer: I already have 2 lines, do I need to start a 3rd line t
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@NHGeordie wrote:

You do not get $750 off another phone. You need to pay that $750 up front and then Verizon will pay it back to you over the next two years. And then there's that whole extra line thing. Me and my wife have two Verizon phones, so what would I need another line for? Two S10s are two grand, then I'd get $750 over the next two years, dribbled back at $31.25 per month. Alternatively I can get two unlocked S10s for $1700 at Best Buy and I'll be $300 better off immediately. Depends whether you mind spending $2,000 to have locked phones. We have two locked S7s now and it has never bothered us.

WRONG. You in no way have to pay $750 upfront

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@dabeberman wrote:

The S10 preorder offer for $750 towards a second phone available unti 3/7/2019 has a line that requires a new smartphone line for the second phone.  I already have 2 lines on my account.  Does that sentence mean that there has to be a line for the second phone, which could be my other existing line, or does that mean I have to actually open a 3rd line, then wait until the phones are received to close my current 2nd line?

I tried online to do the upgrade by putting the S10 and S10e in the cart.  Both times I was offered the line upgrade option instead of a new line for the S10e.  Looking in the cart I could not see if the offer of the discount of $750 would be honored.

Please clarify.

Thanks

David

[removed]

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

It's not confusing at all. it clearly says NEW line of service required. They aren't going to give you a $750 phone for free without rescrictions. And getting a 3rd line then closing your 2nd line is being really shady and borderline fraud.

0 Likes
Basedrum777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would that be fraud? They continually give better deals to new customers while giving a [removed] to current customers as if they need to do nothing to keep our business. Its maddening thatbive given them thousands of dollars over a decade but they want to give someone who's given them nothing 750$. 

Content modified as requied by the Verizon Wireless Community Terms of Service

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Basedrum777 wrote:

Why would that be fraud? They continually give better deals to new customers while giving a [removed] to current customers as if they need to do nothing to keep our business. Its maddening thatbive given them thousands of dollars over a decade but they want to give someone who's given them nothing 750$. 

Because they are couting on the 3rd line of service for 2 years. That's how they can afford to give out a $750 phone. If Verizon is too expensive there are other carriers.

They give current customers deals all the time. You can get a Pixel 2 XL with no extra line needed or trade in for $10 a month

0 Likes