Compass Calibration Galaxy S7
cirasj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S7 and cannot calibrate my compass.

I have tried both the figure 8 method and the spin in the axis method.

How can I calibrate my compass.

0 Likes
Re: Compass Calibration Galaxy S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSCIR72, keeping that compass on track is key when traveling. What exactly happens when attempting these methods to calibrate? Have you successfully been able to calibrate the compass in the past?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cirasj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not on this phone. I did not take out any insurance and do not want to pay to have this fixed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked in the Play Store to see if there is an application that allows you to calibrate the compass?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

cirasj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not tried to calibrate on this phone.

Up until this time I have not paid that much attention on whether the phone was calibrated.

I used it to track my hikes and it worked fine. I am now trying to use it to identify mountains and other landmarks and it is not close to being calibrated. The mountains are 180 degrees from the location the phone it telling me. I look at a mountain that I climb all the time and the phone is telling me that the mountain is a few town over and in the opposite direction I am looking.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's get to the bottom of this.  What application are you using? is this only when walking?

JoeL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSCIR72-

I use my compass for my daily bike rides, so I know how important it is to have this feature calibrated. Can you tell me more about what happens when you try to calibrate your compass? Are you getting any error messages? What happens when you try to use your compass?

AmberK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cirasj
Enthusiast - Level 2

The apps that I use with my compass are:

ViewRanger

AllTrails

GPS Status

MapMyHike

GPS Essentials

Google Maps

Waze

cirasj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing happens when I try to callibrate my compass.

Sometime the status bar (if there is one) goes about 10% and stops.

On my ViewRanger app the circle is gray for one or two seconds and then turns red.

My compass is 90 to 180 degrees out from my real compass.

Tracking seems to work fine, but you do not need a compass for tracking.

I have tried both the figure 8 method and the spin on all three axis methods.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for that information, JOSCIR72!

Now, let's get that compass calibrated. Have you tried these steps?

1.Turn on the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.

2.From the home screen, select on the phone app.

3.Switch to the keypad.

4.Type *#0*#

5.Then select on the “sensor” tile.

6.Browse to the “Magnetic Sensor”

7.Now move the Samsung Galaxy S7 completely around each axis.

How does this work for you?

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes