Cannot hear me after 4.4.2 update (S3)
JACurlee

Within a few seconds after talking on the S3 the other party cannot hear me.  The other party hangs up and another call is placed (does not seem to matter who calls whom) and the conversation then continues.  I am trying to isolate the behavior that may be the root cause.  While holding the phone sometimes my finger bumps up against the volume button on the left side of the phone.  Could that trigger this issue?  I do not experience this problem to the same degree when my phone is in the holster and I am using earbuds.  After the 4.4.2 update I added a new reminder calendar app called Calendar Snooze.  This app does disrupt a call when it alarms, but the issue where the other party suddenly cannot hear me happens regardless of the reminder alarms.  Any ideas what could be the root cause of this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot hear me after 4.4.2 update (S3)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmmm, let's make sure that we get your phone up and running, JACurlee. Because it sounds like it maybe an app related issue we suggest running the device in Safe Mode Please run it in this mode for a little while and make http://vz.to/1bxZlcK some calls.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes