Cannot download MMS on roaming after upgrade from Samsung S6 to Note 10
candylum

Samsung Galaxy S6 used to receive and download MMS attachments when I am traveling, out of country and my S6 is on roaming (even Data is turned off). 

But after I change to use Note 10, MMS attachments do not download. 

When I click on the attachment, the pop up message is "failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later."

The setting of "Auto retrieve while roaming" have already turned on.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot download MMS on roaming after upgrade from Samsung S6 to Note 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

candylum, 

We're here to help, and we want to ensure you can receive your MMS messages while traveling! We need a little more information, so we can work with you to resolve this. Are you able to connect to data while traveling? Do calls and text messages work? When trying to download the MMS message, are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Cannot download MMS on roaming after upgrade from Samsung S6 to Note 10
candylum
Hi Verizon Community Manger

Thank you for your reply.  I hope you could help with resolving this issue.

I turn off the mobile data and turn on roaming when traveling.  My Samsung Galaxy S6 used to receive MMS (including pictures) whenever roaming is turned on, regardless of celluar data and WI-FI.  I was able to download the MMS I received with no WI-FI and mobile data.  

Two weeks ago, I switched to using Samsung Galaxy Note 10 which was purchased in the country where I am still traveling.  Calls and text messages are working but MMS cannot be downloaded. When the MMS comes in, it shows something like a message that has the following information with a downward arrow on it.

No subject
Message size: 30KB
Expires 9:32 A.M.  Jul 16

But then the following message shows up when I click on the down arrow.

"Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later."

My old phone S6 was a carrier phone bought from Verizon.  I am not sure if APN settings need to be changed. There are 5 APN shown on the new phone after transferring data from S6 to Note 10.  But, I followed the instruction in following link to set up the APN on Note 10 and my phone is using this APN now.  

These are the old APNs:
Verizon CBS
Verizon CDMA
Verizon FOTA
Verizon IMS
Verizon Internet

The multimedia message port in all these APNs is showing "not set".   Please advise what to do with these old APNs.

I look forward to getting a solution from you.

Thank you  

0 Likes