Cannot connect calls
wbickler007

I have had my Galaxy S8+ since it was released in April, with no issues. At some point after the last system update (I don't know if the timing is related or a coincidence), my phone stopped being able to make or receive calls. If I receive a call, I will answer it and get nothing but dead air (phone says call connected) for about 5-10 seconds and then it will disconnect. If I try to place a call, it will connect and ring until the other party picks up, then disconnects and the other person gets dead air. This has been going on for about the last couple of weeks. Data, texting, and all the other functions are working normally. I've seen other people in these forums with similar issues on other phones who seem to be able to solve the problem with a battery pull reset, but I don't see that the S8+ battery is removable. Please help. I am generally within a 15-20 mile radius of zip code 99201 if that is pertinent information.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect calls
stef7
Master - Level 2

Perform a System Cache Clear:

• Turn off the phone completely.
  • Now press and hold Bixby, Volume Up and Power Keys simultaneously.
  • Release all the buttons when screen flickers, and Samsung’s logo appears to enter into recovery mode.
  • In the Recovery Mode, use Volume Up, and Down Keys to for navigation purpose. Use Power button for selection purpose.
  • You should see a list of options.
  1. Choose “Wipe cache partition” from the list of options and confirm it with the Power button.
  2. Wait until the process of wiping the system cache finishes.
  3. Once it is complete, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart the device.

If that doesn't work for you, then back up any important content and perform a Factory Data Reset.

View solution in original post

Re: Cannot connect calls
stef7
Master - Level 2

Perform a System Cache Clear:

• Turn off the phone completely.
  • Now press and hold Bixby, Volume Up and Power Keys simultaneously.
  • Release all the buttons when screen flickers, and Samsung’s logo appears to enter into recovery mode.
  • In the Recovery Mode, use Volume Up, and Down Keys to for navigation purpose. Use Power button for selection purpose.
  • You should see a list of options.
  1. Choose “Wipe cache partition” from the list of options and confirm it with the Power button.
  2. Wait until the process of wiping the system cache finishes.
  3. Once it is complete, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart the device.

If that doesn't work for you, then back up any important content and perform a Factory Data Reset.