Cannot Receive Messaging, Prompts "Download"
jessieeeeeee

When people send text, SMS, or MMS messages to me on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, I receive a message including the following two things (1) "Message Size: 2KB Expires: Time, Date (e.g., 5:31, Dec 13)" and (2) a box to click that says "Download." When I click to download, the phone looks like it is working to show me something but eventually stops without any notification. Ultimately, I cannot read the text or see the pictures my contacts are sending to me, or anything else that you would normally receive in the default messaging app on your phone. This happens regardless if I am using a mobile or Wi-Fi connection. It is quite frustrating. 

Troubleshooting has resolved nothing. I googled and searched the forums on Verizon and on Samsung's website, and found no other complaints about this issue. The software on my phone is fully updated, and I have "cleared data" in the Application Manager. It may go without saying, but turning my phone on and off again does not resolve the issue, either.

Please help. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Receive Messaging, Prompts "Download"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Next time you see that error message, try turning off wi-fi and turning on cellular data.  MMS requires a cellular connection and the phone should switch seamlessly, but sometimes it doesn't and you have to turn off wi-fi for the texts to send/receive.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Receive Messaging, Prompts "Download"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Next time you see that error message, try turning off wi-fi and turning on cellular data.  MMS requires a cellular connection and the phone should switch seamlessly, but sometimes it doesn't and you have to turn off wi-fi for the texts to send/receive.

0 Likes