Can you uninstall lollipop 5.0 and go back to 4.4.4 kitkat?
angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm living in a nightmare with my s5. It was working perfectly before I did the update! I have had to charge it 4 times, 4 TIMES, today. My phone would last all day, now...not so much. My camera is lagging and won't snap pictures until its too late and I've missed the shot! I'm beyond frustrated. I don't want to go thru the hassle of a factory reset, most of the reviews from other forums say it doesn't work anyway.

So I just want to know if I can undo it?

See my original post here to capture my nightmare fully: Re: s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?

Re: Can you uninstall lollipop 5.0 and go back to 4.4.4 kitkat?
Klue
Master - Level 1

You cannot revert back once you install an OS update.  Give your phone a few days to get used to lollypop, otherwise a FDR will probably be needed.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

As Klue posted give that OS & battery about 3 days to settle down. A couple of things that have been found to work were shutting down the camera app ( runs in an always on mode with 5.0, high battery drain ) and uninstalling any apps that you can do without at this time.

angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

well that sucks.that should have been an option. tomorrow will be one week since the update. i'll see how it is tomorrow, then i'll consider the FR.

fitzix
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon really needs to give us a way to revert updates like this.  This is a major problem and is affecting a large number of people.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't write the code. Samsung does it and they are the ones preventing any methods of reverting the OS, official or not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

doing a master reset should take to back to pre-5.0/lollipop.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bearone21 wrote:

doing a master reset should take to back to pre-5.0/lollipop.

No, it won't.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

i was given that info by someone at cust serv, thanks.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then they were uninformed which isn't surprising. Factory resetting always restores to the latest version of the OS. In this case, Lollipop would be the OS installed after the reset.